Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Replacing TV on 2007 Sun Voyager

Attempting to remove and replace front TV on 2007 Sun Voyager. I have removed front wooden face. TV is attached from inside rear somehow. Wondering how to release, do I need to take off back of enclosure box facing front windshield? Also looks like there could be access via the two upper cabinets on either side of the TV.
wmlrogers@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
RJ82much

I am no longer an expert on removal of the front TV - too much time has passed since the 2010 project. I do recall it being quite the pain. Straps were used in the rear of the TV. You have to reach around & under TV to get to them. I seem to recall having to use a small ratchet to somehow blindly loosen some hex-head screws.

After, I replaced TV with a flat screen, mounted the TV base to a larger plywood panel & sandwiched the TV frame with the panel you have already removed.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. It is a difficult project, but rewarding if you replace the old TV.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
[email protected]

Thank you very much
wmlrogers@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
RayChez1

Yes you have to remove the back in order to remove the securement of the old TV.

I done mine about three years ago. I wanted an RV shop to do it for me at first until they coded me a price of 3K dollars. So I decide to tackle it myself. I had to buy some tools, like a electric saw that would cut through the medal framing it had. I already had a table saw to cut the wood facing that was there already and it had to be cut perfect to the new flat screen TV. You also have to put a cross member inside the box in order to secure the flat screen support bracket. That was probably the hardest job measuring and cutting the plywood for the cross member. But the project come out perfect, and it looks just like a factory job.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
glavinfamily

Just removed front tv on 2002 8329 Sun Voyager.
All screws are Robertson's aka square heads.
6 screws on front trim ring. Remove plastic buttons and the silicone plugs with a knife. Unscrew trim ring and use knife to slowly separate trim panel from enclosure box.
Piece of 2x2 with 2 screws holding in tv at top, remove.
Rear of tv there is what I would call a kick panel covering up av cords, etc. 3 screws holding it in. Remove, will need a stubby Robertson's screw driver.
Unplug everything.
The tv is now loose with only a safety strap. Mine was attached to the back of the tv with 3M tape or something similar. Used knife to pry it off. Otherwise I would have just cut it.
TV can now be removed. It took me all of twenty minutes. Hardest part was removing the silicone from the 6 screw holes on the trim ring.
glavinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote