Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream | Tech > Plumbing
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2023, 01:17 PM   #1
lucy5759

Default Plumbing schematics

Hello. Can anyone tell me where I can find a plumbing schematic for a 2016 GS Ameri-Lite 268BH? By all appearances I strongly believe that our shower & toilet are plumbed to the black tank & only sinks to the grey tank. If it isn't too difficult to do, I am strongly thinking about replacing the shower to the grey & bathroom sink to the black. We are the 2nd owner & are finding little things as we go. Owner manual is useless. Also would like to find wiring schematic. Sound system works intermittently and outside door light not at all (yes, I checked the bulb). Thanks for any & all help. Much appreciated.
lucy5759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:09 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Many manufacturers plumb sinks or showers to the black tank so that there will be enough water go to them to help with the draining of the tank so that solids [poop] don't plug up the drain.

In our 41' motorhome the bathroom sink drained to the black tank.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:57 PM   #3
lucy5759

Thank you Ron. We don't always camp where there's hookups. Even with a water saver shower head & being very conservative with water, the black tank is full in 4-5 showers. Replumbing would solve the issue and still maintain adequate water levels.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:41 AM   #4
Leisure Time Larry

I learned my bathroom sink drains to the black tank by dumping a glass full of water into the sink while I held the toilet flush valve open (with water pump off). If you can clearly see or hear it cascade into the black tank, then you have your answer. Good luck.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:50 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy5759 View Post
Hello. Can anyone tell me where I can find a plumbing schematic for a 2016 GS Ameri-Lite 268BH? By all appearances I strongly believe that our shower & toilet are plumbed to the black tank & only sinks to the grey tank. If it isn't too difficult to do, I am strongly thinking about replacing the shower to the grey & bathroom sink to the black. We are the 2nd owner & are finding little things as we go. Owner manual is useless. Also would like to find wiring schematic. Sound system works intermittently and outside door light not at all (yes, I checked the bulb). Thanks for any & all help. Much appreciated.
LIGHT SWITCH most likely culprit, easy to jumper to test; AMAZON SELLS THEM IN 12/PK CHEAP. OTHERWISE, LOOK FOR CORROSION/ WATER DAMAGE OUTSIDE? NEVER heard of shower to Black, but yes, MY BATH SINK to Black. Shower easy to TEST w/ drain hose connected w/ a clear elbow section, turn on water flow and open GRAY Drain Valve? Good Luck
p.s. look and see how close kitchen sink and shower align L/R, then check outside for access panel under shower?? On my class C, I can see ends of all my tanks, most plumbed directly into top vs horizontal piping to side/top?
Old 04-03-2023, 11:22 AM   #6
lucy5759

Thank you! Just saw this. Have been at a homesteading workshop/event. The "porch" light switch has no power for certain. Discovered this weekend that the display panel that shows tank levels & battery state is bad. We're just going to have to take it to a service center and have the entire electrical system gone through. Thank you for your reply. Can never have too much information.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:49 AM   #7
Travelertom

Send a message via ICQ to Travelertom

I filled my freshwater tank on my Gulfstream Yellowstone Class A. I then turned my water pump on. In about ten minutes my black water tank was full and stool running over in the restroom. How could this happen? Do I have a busted pipe somewhere that runs through the blackwater tank? Now I am afraid to fill the freshwater tank. Thanks for any help or ideas.
Travelertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 06:17 PM   #8
Just two

Default Black flush mixup

Heard this happen to a couple that thought the black tank flush was the water fill. You could try adding water with the black tank hose hooked up and open. Check all the water fill ports.
Just two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:33 PM   #9
Big Dog 56

2008 Class C BT Touring Cruiser , 30 ft. 3 tip outs. cannot find the water heater bypass?
Big Dog 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:47 PM   #10
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog 56 View Post
2008 Class C BT Touring Cruiser , 30 ft. 3 tip outs. cannot find the water heater bypass?
OPEN/ check all outside access hatches near city water connection. Mine, a Conquest, has a single lever 3=port valve that puts it in bypass mode. It works because of a check valve on the tank out port.

On mine, the 3 gravity drains are in the same bay, little black plastic T-handles that you lift to open.