Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-09-2023, 06:55 PM   #1
Big_John

Default Air Bags for E350

I have the little 24' 6237LE by Gulfstream. It is built on the Ford E350 chassis and has the Ford Godzilla V8.

I recently added a motorcycle carrier, that I can slip into the receiver hitch to haul my motorcycle, and I am not exceeding the weight limits. But, it really sags the back of the camper, especially when I am carrying a full load of fresh water and the black/gray tanks are around 1/2 full.

Additionally, this past weekend I purchased a Car Hauler (16', 10k), which will carry our Jeep Wrangler and a Motorcycle. The Airlift should help to level and stabilize the towing of the trailer.

Having installed two AirLift systems on my pickups, I love those units and they have performed for me excellent for years. So... I contacted them again, to solve for my Class C. I received the unit today and will be installing this coming weekend.

If anyone has any tips on the install on an E350, I am all ears.
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
Big_John

The kit from Airlift arrived and I spent yesterday doing the installation. It wasn't hard, but it took time, about 5 hours. If I installed these every day, I probably could have done it in half the time. I promptly inflated to 65 PSI and the rear of the RV quickly raised 1". Then I took it for a drive....

Wow, what a difference. I drove a rough local, but instead of the hard bounces, the rear of the RV was smooth and quiet. Then I hooked up to my car hauler, loaded my motorcycles and my Jeep, maxing the tongue weight, right at 750lbs.... but the hitch only sagged an inch, back to the stock height.

These air bags did exactly what I was hoping for.
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote