Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
Granny on the go

Default Spartan Rally in Michigan

Is anyone going to the Spartan rally in Michigan this June? This will be my first time and do not know what to expect. Became a widow last summer and need to learn about coach as I plan on keeping it. I thought this would be a good place to learn the basics.
Any feed back?

I have a 98 Scenic Cruiser on a Mtn Master chasis. Big diesel engine and air brakes.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
Granny on the go

What a great rally. If you own a Gulfstream with a Spartan Chassi this is a rally to attend. . We make a sizable investment in our coaches and need to take care of them. This rally for the people that want to know how to care for their unit and how it works. The seminars are taught by the people who make the parts, Cummins, Catapillar, Allison, Air suspension, Michilen tire, etc. Spartan has a parts store on site where you can get all your filters, etc for about half of what they cost elsewhere.
For outside entertainment there was a Dinner theater and a Riverboat dinner. Both were great. They cost extra but well worth it.

For those not interested in the seminars there were craft classes and there was even a golf tournement.
There were venders but not like at the big rallys.
The food was all catered and was super. Breakfast each day, a luncheon the first and last day, dinner the first day.

Take the free tour of the plant it is very interesting. There are service appts available but they fill up fast.

I had all the fluids changed and the unit serviced. You could not ask for a better group to do business with. They actually have service people who know what they are doing. Each person who works on your unit must sign off when done so if something is not right they know who to go to.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Since Gulf Stream has not used Spartan Chassis for about 4 to 5 years now, it probably limits the amount of GS units at the Spartan Rally I would think.

Did you see many GS coaches there?

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote