Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
Lrmamann

Default 12v circuit breaker

Our new 2017 conquest seemed to have a dead battery this spring. But battery tested ok.bought a slow charger and it seemed to accept the charge but still no 12v power. Replaced battery. Still no 12v power. Surprise: there's a 12v circuit breaker mounted on the front of the trailer of a type I've never seen before.https://m.delcity.net/store/24V-Auto-Reset-Circuit-Breakers/p_198670.h_200205
Although it is supposed to be manually resettable,it wouldn't reset even with no power supplied. replaced with a new breaker and now I have 12v power again. This breaker however is not a quality design as the Atwood brand replacement actually broke apart during my typical installation!. So now I'll need to install another one!.
Gulfstream, it would be very useful if you could supply a full wiring schematic with every new unit. You must have one in order to build them, why not share with your ultimate customers?

Rich A
Ilion ny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190710_191626.jpg (104.5 KB, 3 views)
Lrmamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
VaHappyCamper

They can't furnish it because every camper is wired differently depending on who wired it!
VaHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
Lrmamann

While I can understand some variation in individual wiring, it seems like there should be a road map for the technicians to follow. If there is not, this could explain why I see so many requests for info on wiring of RV's on this forum...
Lrmamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #4
VaHappyCamper

Exactly. And the manufacturers (not only Gulfstream) can't give anyone a straight answer!
VaHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #5
Tillie

Exactly. I discovered that the trailer taillight fuse is actually the main taillight fuse. Still don’t know what the tail light fuse does.
Tillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12volt circuit breaker, 12volt no power