Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-20-2021, 08:24 AM   #1
Bogdan

Default Fresh water fill

I posted under Class B and seen 36 looked at my post by no reply, so Ill try here to see if anyone answers

Ok last week my wonderful wife and I bought a new to us 2018 5270 BT cruiser.
we went for a short over night and wanted to have a little water on board, so when I tried to put water in it came out back at me.

I looked into the tank and found the water fill line lower then the tank no water does not run up hill. has anyone else had this or is this just my year and model ?

I guess I could cut a hole on top of th tank and add water the old way with a bucket, Ideas ?
Bogdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #2
Mike1931

So have you called the last owner? Maybe take it to the nearest dealership,
Make your own special one way fill cap. Gg you do you will have to add an over flow vent at the tank.
Sorry buddy but is the best ideas I could come with
Mike R
Tulalip Washington
3iles northwest of
Seattle
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
Yukon Jack

I would go to a local rv repair shop or look for a mobil rv mechanic. Search Craigslist. Dealers charge too much and too busy.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #4
slaredo

Are you sure you're using the water fill and not the fresh water hookup? On my 2005 BT Cruiser 5250 they are in the same compartment but I understand that is not the case with all models. In photo I attached, water fill is at left, water hookup at right, and vent for fill is in the center below them. And make sure the water fill hose inside the rig hasn't slipped too low to fill the tank. Also, though it's never happened to mine, from the Facebook Gulfstream group I remember reading that if the vent gets plugged it will be difficult or impossible to add water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water.JPG (175.7 KB, 2 views)
slaredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #5
Mebryant

Default Send a pic of freshwater fill

Can you post a pic of your fresh water fill/fresh water hook up? That may help diagnose the problem.
Mebryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
juan

We had the same issue with an older Class C. I went to Home Depot and bought a few feet of 1/2 clear hose and a female hose attachment for one end. I have to push the small hose close to a foot into the filler tube but it works. We never had this issue with any other RV.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:45 PM   #7
RY469

Those are good pictures, if you look at the smallest screen covered port, this is the overflow vent for fresh water tank fill. There also many times is a second pipe attached at the top of the fresh water tank and vented "overboard" as an open vent. If these lines are clogged (spider nests, etc. ) there will be no way for the air to evacuate as you attempt to fill through the fresh water fill port. So, if your fill line "spits" at you, it's usually because the tank is being pressurized due to clogged vents . . . That help?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #8
Bogdan

Yep, Been an owner of many rvs, never have I seen one that the tank is higher then the fill line.
you can get water in the tank but it fun when half the water comes out.
and then when you turn a corner water comes out the over fill while driving. hahahaha
I have pulled off the panel to see this, and yep its lower then the tank. I can fix later but I was wondering if anyone that has a 2018 5270 has this issue. and if so why would anyone design anything like this and think it was ok to ship out to a customer.
Ill take pics when I get home from work wed

have a great day all and thanks for replies
Bogdan is offline   Reply With Quote