Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-23-2023, 06:20 PM   #1
Jwagz

Default Missing wire?? Need help

Hello, I purchases a used 2018 golfstream 268 BH. Everything has worked great until recently when the AC died on a 100 degree day in roma texas. I went to diagnose the system and discovered that the previous owner bypassed the control box and built there own set up to run everything. Tying to restore the system to the way it should be I purchased a new control unit and thermostat for the dometic brisk air 2. However for the life of me I cannot find a thick red wire for the 12v to the control box. There are 2 white wires, 2 brown wire and a romex cable. I've been informed that the brown wire with just a thin red and white wire inside it is for the furnace. The other brown wire has 8 different color wires inside it. I belive that is for the thermostat as there is no voltage on it. The furnace wires have 12v on the red. There is an additional white wire but it appears to run twards the bedroom and I suspect it's for the lights. Am I crazy or just plane wrong. Should there be an additional thick red wire somewhere?
Jwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
RY469

Go to a support web sight such as: https://www.dometic.com/en-ca/outdoo...-white-_-20675

There are manuals (.pdf) you can download showing proper wiring. The Romex is the 120VAC to the control box in the AC. There is a plug that connects the AC to this control box. Interface to the thermostat is outlined in these manuals, but you can get a ceiling package that simply has a plug that connects to the control box. Remote thermostats are connected the same, but (obviously) by a longer wire. Some are multiwire direct control (see schematics in the downloaded manuals). Some are serial communication to an appropriate thermostat. Which kind of thermostat do you have?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 10:19 AM   #3
Jwagz

I got it fixed. The issue was a missing 12v line. I removed a series of contactors and transformers placed in a box on the roof by the previous owner. I purchased a new dometic thermostat and got rid of the residential thermostat that was installed. I added in a dedicated 12v power supply that piggybacks off the romex to supply power to the thermostat and 12v into the control box.
Jwagz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v, dometic duo-therm a/c