Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream | Tech > Plumbing
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-20-2023, 06:44 PM   #1
Karen Sivley

Question Difficulty filling freshwater tank on 2007 Conquest SE Class C

The water fill tube slopes up halfway to the freshwater tank. Water starts flowing back out the fill entrance. Have tried inserting plastic tubing attached to hose. Still have backlup. Also not clear in owner manual where the flow control or drain valves are and what position they should be in. Up or down. Our repair service always took care of this, but they went out of business.
Karen Sivley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 11:04 AM   #2
RC Cook

We own a 2007 Gulfstream Conquest Super-C. I did a couple things to help the water fill problem but you can't completely solve it. I did trim a bit off the end of the water fill hose (at the tank connection) so it does not sag in the middle. I do use a 30" piece of 1/2" diameter hose with a female hose connector on one end in order to fill the tank - feed the smaller hose inside the water fill hose and it reaches the inside of the water tank. Then, because when driving the water sloshes from the tank back through the water fill hose and out the side of the RV, I use an expandable rubber stopper to block the water fill port when driving. The stopper fits in the fill opening and doesn't block the attachment of the twist-on cap. All of this because of a very poor design by Gulfstream on these models. Hope that helps.
Not sure which drain valves you are referring to. There are low point drain valves used to help winterize the system. Usually you pull them up to open up the valve, push back down to close, but you may have a different valve setup.
RC Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:15 PM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Suggest you investigate rerouting/ supporting fill tube to remove any water traps, which can be a winter freeze risk and a mold risk issue. During maintenance on my 17yo at the time, found mold and rust residue and replaced mine. Suspect I may remove annually to sanitize, too, as solution does not sit in this tube. .
Good Luck
Old 10-30-2023, 06:00 PM   #4
Just two

Default Found a hidden antifreeze fill hose

Took the jackknife sofa loose on our 2021 Bt 5210. Found the water pump and a couple of valves. There is a capped hose that looks like it is for adding antifreeze to winterize. Would be very hard to get to so we plan on making it easier. I had a thought to add a tee and valve so we could use the camper pump to top the water tank off. Thoughts? Also may leave access to view the front of water tank, add a light behind to backlight it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0397.jpg (221.1 KB, 3 views)
Just two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:03 PM   #5
Just two

Default Gravity Water fill pipe as we found it

Picture of the gravity fill pipe. Might add a check valve and smooth hose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0398.jpg (203.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-30-2023, 08:24 PM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Check valve where, for what?
Old 11-05-2023, 06:35 PM   #7
Just two

On the gravity fill pipe. It should keep the water in the tank. Heard that there isn’t enough height difference between the water level in a full tank and fill pipe. Fill a tank and get to the boon docking site with half a water tank.