Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2023, 09:55 AM   #1
VistaCruisinCrew

Question Length include tongue/hitch? Vista Cruiser 19CSK

Hi everyone! I am a relatively new travel trailer owner, and a new member to this forum. I am trying to determine if the length in the specs includes the tongue/hitch or is useable space only? I have read different things in different places. I own a 2019 Vista Cruiser model 19CSK, and the length is reported to be 23'1". Thanks in advance for any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3231.jpg (229.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2480.JPG (146.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-06-2023, 06:17 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Typically the "Model" length refers to the livable portion of the unit. The "house" if you will. "Overall" length includes everything else like the tongue, bumper, ladder, spare tire, etc.

Since you own it, a good ol' tape measure will confirm for you. It's always a good idea to know your trailer overall length, your trailer+tow vehicle overall length and the overall height by actually measuring. Keep those notes handy. I put this info on a Brother P-touch label installed so that I can see from the driver's seat.

Wishing you many miles of smiles with your new GS!
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:00 AM   #3
Flower

The 23'1" is the over all length from hitch coupling to back bumper the living space is about 20'. Hope you enjoy your camper we have enjoyed our 19BFD and have camped nearly two months at a time during our trips to Florida.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote