Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-10-2023, 03:06 AM   #1
miataroadster

Default Seafoam believers

Any Seafoam believers out there? The day we are about to leave for a week beach camping, our rig would not start after a full tank fill up.All was fine until the day of the trip(Murphy's law). I had it AAA towed to my house.The #1 guess was fuel pump! I did switching of relays, checking for blow fuses, but to no avail. Found a collapse rubber vacuum hose and got replaced. I thought it was the aftermarket alarm that's disabling it, but nope. Well, original fuel filter was the culprit! I am now considering using Seafoam to help with cleaning the fuel pipes, injectors, pump perhaps. Will this stuff work? My rv has almost 23k miles, 2003 E450 Ford, 6.8.
miataroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
daltontr

Seafoam is great. I've used it in two stroke outboards and a couple pre 2000 vehicles with carburetors. However, I recommend Gumout for newer vehicles with fuel injection.
daltontr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 01:45 PM   #3
KRoseVideo

I use SeaFoam in all of my farm UTV’s, Ventrac tractor, DR Field and Brush mower, etc. I find that I need Starting spray ( ether) to get my Generator started on my 2004 BT Cruiser. After starting it with a 2-3 second spray into the carb, it runs fine. I had previously installed
Led new fuel filter, spark plug, etc in the Generator.
KRoseVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 03:23 PM   #4
miataroadster

Thanks for the responses guys! I returned the seafoam and bought the Gumout multisystem tune-up. So far I have used 2 bottles with about 45 gallons of gas. I put another bottle before leaving the campsite with approximately a little under half a tank. I'd use another bottle before heading to our next trip and fill up the tank up to 20 gallons.
Knock on wood, the rig and generator ran fine during our last trip. I plan on just keep adding 1-2 cans of the gumout every outing for maintenance. My trip usually is within 110- 150 miles one way. It's (additive) not that expensive anyway.