Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-19-2023, 06:13 PM   #1
TravHarrell

Default Puzzling. suddenly no water comes from faucets, shower or toilet

I have a 2006 gulfstream cavalier with no holding tanks. Two weeks ago water was coming out of my sink faucets just fine. Shower and toilet all worked fine. Water hose was not disconnected from water line water faucet or camper between then and now. This weekend nothing. I unhooked the hose from the camper and there is plenty of pressure coming out of the hose. I can put my mouth on the intake to the camper and blow and I think air comes out the camper sink faucet. I put the hose back on and nothing. I have been using this camper in this location for almost 6 years. Any suggestions?
TravHarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 02:37 AM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

I think you need to inspect your plumbing. Starting with the inlet, working out through the rest until you find your issue.

Assuming the water pressure is adequate as you say, what would cause an water not to reach your fixtures? An obstruction? Is there a inline filter that could've gotten plugged? If no filter, could sediment have built up somewhere like a fitting or a faucet strainer or low flow device? What type of plumbing do you have? Is there flexible tubing that could've gotten kinked? Could a valve been turned? Could there have been a freezing event? If your unit is plumbed without tanks, was that a stock build, or was that done after? If the problem is not obstruction, could it be that the water is being diverted elsewhere due to a valve or a leak? Good luck.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:34 AM   #3
TravHarrell

no inline filter. no strainer. no valve turned. definitely no freezing in May in Mississippi. stock build, it was one of the fema trailers with no tanks. water is not going somewhere else. Water is not getting to anything in the camper, faucets, shower, or toilet. I left the water attached for over 2 hours with no leaks anywhere.
TravHarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 12:47 AM   #4
Leisure Time Larry

Well then, my next move would be to obtain/borrow/rent an air compressor and an adapter that hooks to the city water inlet (usually used for winterizing). Regulate the air from the compressor to 40-50 psi and shoot air through the plumbing. Opening one fixture at a time to see if you are getting compressed air there. If not, you have an obstruction somewhere you have to find and fix. If so, then water should get there since the air is. The water pressure can be measured to verify it is within spec, or the provider water system can be further investigated. Leaks can be checked for and observed with this method too.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 07:37 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Most have a checkvalve at the city water connection. If that is not stuck closed, and you have no filter, check all faucet screens for debris? City water repairs/ valve changes by crews can put rust flakes into the water?