Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Slide Out no power, suspect driver seat kill switch

I have a 2007 Gulf Stream Sun Seeker 8295. Recently I twisted my driver seat around and now slide outs won't work. I see fraying on one wire coming from seat forward switch. Maybe blew fuse or switch? All visible fuses and breakers have been checked. Manual says to check 12 volt 50 amp mini-breaker, but I cannot find it's location. Looks like hydraulic system includes leveling jacks and that system still works. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank You.
wmlrogers@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
Sudsy

I think you're on the right track. Try to get the wire harness loose from the seat so you can get a good look. Or maybe even remove the seat from the power pedestal (not difficult usually just four bolts in corners) On my Sun Voyager there are several BIG breakers some located in the forward right bay by my battery disconnect switches. There are a couple in the left side forward bays too. Mine are black with red levers. These things look like switches in a way. If the lever is pointing down that means it needs to be reset.

Sudsy
Old 10-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
[email protected]

Default We have a fix!

Turned out to be 15 amp fuse blown. Seat forward switch wire rubbed against seat or assembly when I twisted my Captain’s Chair around. I had checked the 15 amp fuse for driver seat as on the diagram but as my son noticed the box was put in upside down so I was checking the wrong fuse. Oh well, lesson learned. Onward to our first adventure!
wmlrogers@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Turned out to be 15 amp fuse blown. Seat forward switch wire rubbed against seat or assembly when I twisted my Captain’s Chair around. I had checked the 15 amp fuse for driver seat as on the diagram but as my son noticed the box was put in upside down so I was checking the wrong fuse. Oh well, lesson learned. Onward to our first adventure!

That's great! Have fun!

Sudsy
Old 07-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #5
Hminor00

Hello, I know this post is older but does anybody have a picture of how the kill switch is attached below the seat? Mine fell down and not sure where it was attached-

I have the 2005 sun voyager se

Thanks
Hminor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:29 PM   #6
[email protected]

Glad you found your fuse,I just spent two days looking for the power to run the slides out.the fuse I was looking for was a 5 amp used to start the pump.IT WAS AN INLINE FUSE TUCKED BEHIND THE PUMP The leads are too short really see it so I will splice in piece of wire and tag it in case it goes
again
doug13589@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #7
Hminor00

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Do you by chance have a pic of how it’s hooked up under your seat, mine came off and not sure how to put it back on seat rail
Hminor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:32 AM   #8
Monkeypad

I have a 2000 palm breeze with the same problem I suspect. I do not have a power seat however there is a length of wire wrapped around the bottom of the pedistal. This is just a single red wire coming up through the floor and it is crimped together to form a loop. I don't understand it. There is no other electrical I can see attached to the seat. The slide worked fine until it didn't. The 50amp mini breaker was tripped and I reset it. Now the pump runs but the slide doesn't move. I suspected the seat switch but I cannot for the life of me fiind it. Anyone know?
Monkeypad is offline   Reply With Quote