Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #41
henryj

Although I've extended the wires, I've decided to do two more things before doing further diagnosis of the problem. First, I had limited colors for the wires I used to extend each wire about 4 inches. So, I purchased all of the colors, including brown, violet, etc. I will redo the wires so that the right color is on the right terminal on the switch. Second, the spade connector set that I was using has round insulators, which makes them difficult to cram onto the switch terminals, which are really close together. I've ordered new spade connectors that have flat insulators. Once those arrive, I'll redo the extender wires again.
-Jim
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #42
Chuck v

THene1713,

I just got off the phone with Jim and he found the loose/missing white wire far behind the panel -- reconnecting it and replacing a blown fuse on the Coach Disconnect Relay solved the issues. Love it when a plan comes together! Finding the root cause makes the solution rather obvious.

Thanks JIM for being so patient and letting me talk you through my various musings on what the issues were most likely to be. I enjoyed doing the research to understand how these Intellitec latching relays actually work, and together we were able to map and match the wire color choices Gulf Stream made relative the diagrams posted earlier in this thread. Seems GS uses the house wiring convention of white as neutral versus the automotive convention of black for ground...otherwise it was only a case of their dark brown wire on the rocker switch rocker looking nearly "black" in the harness...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:39 AM   #43
henryj

Chuck was the key to getting this problem fixed. It has been an ongoing problem and it got exacerbated when an RV technician removed the battery disconnect panel above the stairwell. He could not get the panel out more than about an inch and left saying he needed to get the schematic for the switches so that he could rewire them. I could never get ahold of him after that.

It turns out there were three loose wires behind the switches, which likely were pulled off when the RV technician removed the panel. Each of the two switches has eight terminals, so there are a lot of wires. Chuck guided me through the process of identifying which wire was supposed to go on which terminal.

We're planning on driving the rig up to Port Angeles next Thursday for a week. I'm so very thankful to Chuck for his help and expertise!
-Jim
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #44
zippyphd

Default Failure to latch

T40B, sometimes the door 'moves' forward 1/2" and won't latch. Slide the door back a little and it should latch again.
zippyphd is offline   Reply With Quote