Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-08-2020, 09:02 PM   #1
Gabrielb

Default East of Dallas 94 tourmaster

Hi everyone,

Just got a new to me 94 tourmaster. The previous owner knew nothing about RV’s and the transmission computer went out. Then after he swapped some batteries out things started to not work. Wish I had a manual. Wish I had a picture of someone’s battery tray with cables connected properly. I managed to get some things working and the generator was working for about 10 minutes and stopped running. Ugh. So much to learn. Used to have an old trek motor home and I eventually figured everything out. But that one had all the manuals. Lol oh, did I mention the starter doesn’t work all the time? Oh and I don’t have the key for the basement storage compartments. Locksmith came out and said it’s a key I need to get from gulfstream? Help!
Gabrielb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #2
zippyphd

Firstly welcome! Now for the bad news.. Gulfstream really doesn't exist, at least as far as I can tell. I've had a Tourmaster for about 5 years, and most of what I've learned has been either here, or through a face book group, Gulfstream Tourmaster Travelers. Not sure how much my 07 TM differs from yours, but someone on that FB group probably does..
zippyphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
BPeschka

re: the missing key. Just drill out the existing then look on Amazon. You'll need the old lock to compare dimensions so that you get the right fit. There are some differences.

I had that problem on a tool box. The key number was stamped on the lock so I was able to locate on amazon. Turns out it was cheaper to order a new lock w/2 keys than to order 2 keys.

Good Luck

2004 BT Cruiser 5210
Class C
BPeschka is offline   Reply With Quote