Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #1
beebe54

Default New BT Cruiser 5255 furnace question

Can anyone tell me how to turn my RV furnace on? The thermostat says OFF. The power button/icon on the thermostat doesn't do anything. They gave me a furnace installation manual but no user manual. This is a 2021 BT Cruiser 5255. Thank you very much!
beebe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:01 AM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Assuming that you have the Dometic CT digital thermostat, you have to tap, not push, but tap the power/mode button multiple times to scroll through the modes. Tap once to activate or wake up the thermostat; tap again to enter fan mode - tap the up or down arrows to change the fan mode (Auto should be chosen for most applications); tap the power/mode button again to enter Air Conditioning mode - tap the arrows to set the desired temperature; tap the power/mode again to enter heat/furnace mode - tap the arrows to set the desired temperature; tap the power/mode one last time to turn it back to off.

This will work if you have the Dometic CT digital thermostat. Search this online for a downloadable manual. Here is a YouTube video of one being used. His may or may not have the same functions as yours but it should point you in the right direction for use. https://youtu.be/xrdBTnO0Bd4

If you don't have this model, then you'll have to share what it says or what it looks like for us to help you further. Good luck.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
beebe54

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! That was exactly what I needed to know, and the video was super helpful! I was pushing instead of tapping. It took a few tries but now I've got it down, and am much much warmer!!! (Traveling across North Dakota at the moment...it's a bit chilly at night!) Thanks for your fast and expert reply!
beebe54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace