Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
djqualls

Default The Perils Of A New Owner Part 2 (Post Replies To This One)

Dave's Claremore RV performed the work flawlessly and even fixed the knuckle joint on the glass closer for the front door, (earlier Post) and fixed my mirrors, (another earlier post) and actually rotated the driver's side mirror around to the back where it is positioned so you can see it out of the side window instead of trying to look thru the front window.

My Man had it there at 8am sharp so they could start the work early.

Now for the drama.......

On the way home it began to rain....and rain.......and rain......

He is an experienced driver, so no problem....not torrential rainfall but steady rain.....

My Man is literally 10 miles from home, when some lady...with 3 children aboard in a new to her, 2005 mustang only 2 days old to her, decided she would pass the Tourmaster which was going about 50mpg on a flat stretch of two lane road after sundown.....

She hydroplanes the Mustang while running side by side trying to pass my money pit.... She admmitted that when she hydroplaned she floored the gas pedal thinking it would get traction...

Well...... she slams the coach square in the front compartment door on the driver's side that houses the propane. It also bent the compartment door behind it and cracks the fiberglass wheel well as well.

The impact slingshots her in to a couple of 360's and spins out into the opposing ditch....

The impact to the coach is so hard that it knocked some of the compartment doors open on the opposite side of the coach.

My man and his wife who were onboard were not injured as of this writing.

Like I mentioned before he is an experienced Class A driver and managed to keep it on the road and get stopped without further incident.

He did say that if he had not had his seat belt on, he would have been thrown out of his seat. You can guess how that would have affected the outcome.

When his wife called all I could think is are you hurt??? She said "No", then I'm thinking a crunched beer can...... A $150,000 crunched beer can......

I arrived on scene in the driving rain and darkness, and it doesn't look bad for what happened.

Mind you that all of this happened after dark.....

Remember from the first post my passion for idiots........

Its a good thing that she (Driver of the car) decided to go to the hospital because she had a back pain......

Bottom Line..... Coach can be repaired..........

Drivers and Passengers can't.........

Children were OK as I was told.......... I want to turn her in to Child services...(remember my disdain for idiots)

Highway Patrolman who worked the accident cited her twice....once for speeding and one for improper driving....

She did have a two day insurance policy...........

I'm just turning the whole claim to my attorney to deal with.

I not only have damage, but lost revenue from loss of the coaches services during the bowl season. (We use it in our business) We had it scheduled for Liberty and Fiesta Bowl work.

I would appreceiate any suggestions to possible hidden damage to look for.

Shock to electronics....electrical systems....generator...frame suspension....anything that anyone can think of that I should be concerned about.

I'm even concerned about the extraordianry depreceiated value due to it having been wrecked.... Remember this was more negligence than a sheer weather related accident.

I would be thankful for your advice.

Oh well......happy holidays....

Dave..................

P.S. i will post some Pics to my picture trail account and put up a link when available.