Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
trickto322

Default house and chassy battery shut off

On our Tourmaster we have 2 rocker switches right at the door that cut off the batteries to chassy and house. They have 8 pins. One of them went bad so we pulled both to see if they were both the same. We tried everywhere (boat supplies, 3 rv parts store, NAPA, electrical supply shop) to replace them. No one had this switch. finally we called Todd's RV in North Carolina, 89 miles from where we live and he had a bucket full of different switches and found two. The problem now is the wires are to short to come out of the hole and plug the switches back in. We tried to pull the entire the box out with no solution. Any ideas to get into this enclosure?
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Planemechanic

I just changed mine on a friendship G7 and had to pull the wire bundle out of the dash under the hood and splice in the new switchs. Now i have plenty of wire to pull the switchs trough the dash
Planemechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
RayChez1

It is strange how different one coach built by Gulf Stream can be so different from another as to where they locate things.
On my Scenic Cruiser there is one big switch on the dash as you come into the coach. If you flip that switch everything electrical inside the house turns off.
Then on the last compartment towards the rear on the passenger side, there are two more identical big switches and those are for winterizing the coach. One will turn everything off on the chassis and the other the house part.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
trickto322

We ended up cutting the hole larger right behind the switch plate in front and a pretty large hole on the under side of the shelves so I can get my hands in to push the switch and wires together. I could not pull them threw the fire wall so I took the switch off and put longer wires on it and connected them to the wires coming out of the fire wall. It did work but it was a major job. The wood I had to cut through was a solid 3/4 inch cherry wood. No one can say that Gulfstream puts junk in their coaches. I just don't know why they cut the wires so short.
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote