Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
richardscatzhouse

Default Joy of Tankless Waterheaters Suburban IW60

I just got back from Roswell NM Ten Days out! a nice place made better by the ability to take a shower for as long as I WANT!

I just replaced my Suburban 6 gallon water heater with a new IW60 tank less water heater.. I couldn't be happier! no more limited showers. as promised it fit in the same hole and used the same wires. I only had to add a ground strap as the old water heater grounded thru the outer frame. I used my old switch and lights from the old installation. Worked 1st time and every time since!.
in Five days camping the propane gauge inside never came off full. I was afraid it broke but when I tried filling after five days I had only used one and a half gallons. in daily dishwashing, every second day shaving, and four over half hour showers! It was over 100deg every day after all!
Buy used Buy Trouble!!
richardscatzhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
bfrazier

Richard,

Do you know how I might go about ruining my Suburban water heater so that I can get one of these? Sounds awesome - thanks for mentioning it!

Bob
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
richardscatzhouse

Default They dont just die do they?

Sorry mine hadn't died either, I'm doing updates and realized I didn't have to suffer dragging around a shower I couldn't use!! The bathroom is very well appointed but without a good hot water supply it might as well be a photograph! so I took the plunge it was had to secure as there was a design change making this an all new item I had to wait three months. cancelled the order twice as two suppliers lied about availability and shipping dates. But I finally I got it a week before the planned big trip. fortunately it was easy to install myself as I couldn't hire it done nine nine days I had to go.

Anyway it worked like a charm all the way out and all the way back. I'm very happy with my choice
Buy used Buy Trouble!!
richardscatzhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
bfrazier

Awesome! So you have a (third) supplier you could recommend to everybody?
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote