Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #1
Charlie4

Default Brand Noob in WA. 2008 BT Cruiser 5921 (Gas)

Hi, new to the forum. I just bought a 2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 5291. I am 100% new to the RV scene. So far I have learned that:

1. Contacting Gulfstream by Email is a waste of time.
2. I need manuals. The only one I've found is the generic Owners Manual. Any advice on how to get them would be really helpful.
3. My FW water system appears to leak. There is a drip coming from around the front center coming out of a small nozzle. I'm leaking about a drop a second.
4. I don't know how to light the propane system. It's not in the owners manual.
5. I have NEVER seen the kind of generator that is in this RV. It works great (I think) but I'd like to know what it is without taking the entire thing apart.

I guess that's a lot to start out with. In the absence of any guidance, either orally or in writing, I would be very happy with any instructions. Thus far I have disassembled the outside and inside shower systems and they work much better now. I have repaired and strengthened a bent and broken OEM roof ladder, replaced 6 tires, compounded and waxed most of it, done my best to clean water spots off the glass and paint and it seems like am endless amount of small things to "get it right". I enjoy that stuff and I'm retired so its all good.

I live in WA in a the city of Lakewood. It rains a lot so outside work can often be a miserable process. There are a ton of RV places here that consider it their place in life to gouge me for every buck they can. Labor rates are upwards of 120 p/hr for basic stuff. The highest I've seen is $170 p/hr but that's a full fledged RV service facility. Crazy..! So anyway, I am eager to learn and welcome advice from one and all. Thanks and I look forwards to hearing from you.
Charlie4 is offline   Reply With Quote