Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
Karl

Default Home outlet won’t charge 2019 BT Cruiser 5230

My BT cruiser house battery(s) will charge with my onboard generator and when I’m driving, however when plugged into my home’s standard outlet, battery(s) will not charge. Any suggestions, or is more “juice” required?
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #2
dfwbmw

Definitely should not need more power I would think. If they battery is low, the most I have seen is the converter drawing about 6 amps to charge battery. If your water heater is on the electric sorce and A/c on yes would not be enough. That being said, they way its wired usually is that the electric for the charger thats built in to the WFCO get power from shore or gen after the switch over box. So it should not know where the power is coming from I would think. Also how do you know its not being charged? I have a cheap $30 AiLi Battery Monitor in the house I see what is going into the battery and what is leaving it at all times. That being said there is wires from the generator that go to the house battery to start it and maybe it gets some charge from that... Not sure. If this is the case your WFCO charger in your main house is toaste. Not hard to replace. Might as well upgrade it to one that can do lithium Ion for furture proof.
Mods: Progressive Dynamics Hard Wired Surge Protector/ Aili Battery Monitor/ Mobile One Engine Oil/Portable 200 watt solar with HQST MPPT BT controller/LED lights for cabnets when opened/ MaxxAir Fan in the front and rear/LED Tail Light Bulbs/Bus bars in battery area/One LifePo4 102 ah battery/Carpuride 9 inch Apple Carplay screen for dash/Dutch Aire Amish Cooling unit on Frig.
dfwbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:26 PM   #3
Seadog63

Default Potential issues with newer gulf stream slide outs?

Thought I would pass this along that if you’ve a newer Gulfstream coach that the underneath of your slides are sealed up unlike older units that are open so they’re telling me that if your slide goes bad and can’t be pulled in you’ll have to get some help to push it in. Unlike the older slides you can manually crank it in. So with this new slide design it seems it’s a potential problem. Also I’ve been told that with this new slide design not to spray lube the tracks on the slides. Not even with slider lube. According to the tech’s the gears are steel and the rest of the slider mechanism is aluminum so this play’s havoc on the system. Gotta be a better way to get a slider in manually other than two men and a boy.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:59 PM   #4
RY469

First thing I thought when I read your post is you don't have the battery disconnect on. When plugged into shore power the converter will do a good job of charging and maintaining your batteries, but you have to have the battery switch "ON" for it to (be connected) do it's job.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote