Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
11B

Default Dead Coach

have a 07 Gulfstream Friendship thats dead. The kill switches that kill all the power will not light up for either the coach or the engine. I don't know if I've blowen a relay or not. The electrical scamatic sucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All fuses seem to be fine.
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
rdlamb

Test your batteries, coach and chassis. If they are OK, then it may be your switches.
Mine went out, and were replaced by my dealer. Fortunately, this was under warranty. Which, unfortunately, means I cannot tell you the cost.

My dealer told me the switches were defective, that GS had trouble with them, and that the new ones he installed were much superior to the old. Then again, he did sell me the coach.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
11B

Just a side note on my problem. Both kill switches in the coach were bad, called GS and left a message with no reply (I figured as much). Called my dealer and was handled with kit gloves and usual top notch service. The main GS repair man informed me that there are new switches available through GS at a cost of 126.00 for the pair (he had just ordered some for another customer) but told me to try a local dealer here in Salt or to call Carling Switch direct.

I took the time to do both and found the exact same switch for 6.00 each.
Carling switch informed me they knew the old switches were defective and are sending me (at no charge) two of the new ones with harnesses at no cost.

My point being here is that I'm extremely disappointed in the service I received from GS and plan to get my pound of flesh as they knew when I called I had a totally dead coach over two 6.00 switches and could not even manage to return my call.

On the other hand my GS dealer went totally out of his way to see to it that I not only got going but how to assure I wouldn't have the same problem in the future.

Apparently GS could care less about the end user however I'll give them credit for having set up some damn good dealers across the country. Please note that money was never the issue here as I was looking for help in a timely fashion and not what I could save.

Reguardless of this issue we love our coach and have had hardy any problems the dealer couldn't solve.
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
rdlamb

Sadly, customer service has never been GS's forte. I have found this forum to be the best source for any information I need on my GS. It should not be that way, but since it is, thank you for posting the results of your endeavors. It helps to keep the rest of us aware of potential problems with our coaches.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote