Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-30-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
coolchas11

Default Factory Tour

We are planning a trip to New Mexico in October, although we probably won't get that far. In any event, we are stopping at the GS factory for a tour. GS told me we can camp on the property with hook-ups. What's it like? Thanks, Charlie
Old 09-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Hey Charley, if your talking about the Factory tour in Napannee, IN
it is a good experience. They will giude you through "working" assembly lines.

I did it at the rally in June and would do it again. We are going back in 2008 for that rally.

Best Regards, Clyde
Old 09-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
Larry Moore

If you are referring to the camp ground it's pretty sparse. Just some strips of concrete and a water hydrant. It is 50 amp electric. There is a dump station across the road.
Larry
Larry Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
earljan34

Well that sounds better than we had in March of 06. They sent us to Master Tech for our warranty work all that was there was a few 50amp outlets in a dirt parking lot next to a trucking co that unloaded & loaded all night long, They also had a dump station.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
coolchas11

Earl, probably cause we're from CT!!! Hope all is well. Charlie
Old 09-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Earl,

The Gulf Stream "camp grounds" actually have some concrete "strips" for your tires to sit on, it is a gravel/dirt lot with 13 sites with water and electric hook ups that is located right beside the front lot for the manufactured homes plant that starts very early in the morning.

But it is also located beside the entrance to the Country Club iffin you want to golf.

I believe they still have the Day Room that you can hang out in while your coach is being worked on.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
earljan34

Thanks Ron, When we were out there in 06 they told us that the factory did not do warranty work that's how we ended up at Master Tech. We did have a tour of the factory and replaced a lot of things that I didn't like, We came off the tour with our arms full of small parts that I was not happy with in the coach. When we were there I didn't see the camping spots guess we never went to that side of the building, I really enjoyed the tour and everyone we came in contact with was great.

(PS how are you feeling??? good I hope!!!)

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #8
RJ82much

My 2 cents on the tour & the factory campsite...

Take the tour! Take the tour every afternoon you are there! It is worth it. By going around more than one time, you will have a different guide & will see & learn various aspects of construction.

The campsite, as reported, is sparse, but is available for free for owners. I think they recommend calling ahead during busy season.

Electric, water, & lots of entertainment if you enjoy watching truckers haul huge manufactured homes about the lot. Those guys are good at backing an incredibly long structure into the tightest of slots.

Garbage dumptster in the lot, and sewage dump just across the street.

Their "rec room" is really is really sparse, though coffee & bottle water is available gratus. The computer for internet connection is from,,, oh the 1930's!!!! My god, what a dinosour. There is no WiFi available either. If you want internet on your laptop, drive to the middle of town for several freebe sources. Scott said they have to look into it............... & that's where it stands.

The good news, though the pool was closed, the shower & bathroom facilities were open & very clean. This would be down in the "club house" area . No one questioned my use of the facilities, and they advertise availability of the golf course to owners.

Ask the receptionist for advice on interesting eating locations. Nappanee is not the place for that.

In summary: by all means go visit the home of our coaches. You will not be disappointed!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
coolchas11

Thanks for the replies. We leave on Sept. 30 for a trip to New Mexico. Our plans include the GS factory tour with an overnight at THE cg. Looking forward to meeting Molly (our rep). After that we go to Springfield, IL (Pres Lincoln), St. Louis area to see relatives, Independence, MO (Pres Truman) and then work our way to Las Cruces, NM. Back through TX and the south. This will be the longest haul for the TM and I sincerely hope the major issues are behind us! Charlie