Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Georunner

Default Unplanned stop

On Friday, we were on our way from Palmer Lake, CO to Glacier Park. Didn't quite make it. About 15 miles out of Casper, our 6331 quit. My wife was driving as I was dozing. I woke up to "what's happening"? I looked over and the speedometer was occilating between 0 and 75, just bouncing around, the other gauges were all doing odd things and the rig was pulsating. We pulled over, let it idle for a few minutes, turned it off and that was that. Would not turn over at all. Good Sam roadside assistance got us a tow to the KOA in Casper and we are waiting for the Internation Truck shop in Casper to open Monday morning. When we find out what the issue is, I'll post it. Towing the rig was not too hard at all. The wrecker driver was real glad to see we had a mechanical parking brake as that made taking the drive shaft (short piece by the rearend) out easier, so he said. This is the first problem we have had and sure could have been worse, we could have been in the middle of nowhere, which is a lot of Wyoming, most of which is without cell service.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
PieEye

Hate to hear of a Nova on the hook, but I've been there. Let us know what it turns out to be.

PieEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Georunner

Got our rig fixed and headed straight up to Glacier Park so this is the first time I have had email since. The problem was so simple$1100 counting towing. (We have Good Sam roadside assistance and it worked great) Anyway, the problem was a 10 amp fuse for the Electronic controller for the transmission. This fuse is on top of the batteries. When if blew, the transmission couldn't tell what was going on so it shut everything down. Took about an hour for the technicians to hunt it down. Even though I carry fuses, don't know how I could have known to look for the problem there.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote