Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-07-2019, 09:35 PM   #1
proost

Default Sideview Mirror Wobble - 2007 Tourmaster

I have a good wobble on the right sideview mirror on my 2007 Tourmaster T40A coach. I want to pop it out and see if I can see what needs adjustment/fixing/tightening but unsure of the process. Would love to figure out the brand or procedure so if anyone has some tips, much appreciated. When I move the mirror right or left to the extreme I see the tabs in there but don't want to break them by lifting them if that's not the correct method.

Thanks a lot!
proost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

You are right to be CAUTIOUS, as mirror parts are expensive/ easily broken. Brand is most likely VELVAC, and online owner manuals/ repair/adjustment procedures available for download on (many) models. TRY THIS: (and LUCK to ya) https://www.velvac.com/resources/fie...otorhome-rv-56
Old 04-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #3
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
You are right to be CAUTIOUS, as mirror parts are expensive/ easily broken. Brand is most likely VELVAC, and online owner manuals/ repair/adjustment procedures available for download on (many) models. TRY THIS: (and LUCK to ya) https://www.velvac.com/resources/fie...otorhome-rv-56
Thanks a lot. I did go there before I posted and found a manual page that listed a bunch of rigs but skipped 2007. I'll keep digging but again, thanks!
Old 04-08-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by proost View Post
Thanks a lot. I did go there before I posted and found a manual page that listed a bunch of rigs but skipped 2007. I'll keep digging but again, thanks!
Trick is to IDENTIFY Brand and Model? Using Catalog, were you able to verify that it is VELVAC? If so, Velvac MODEL#? (As example) I finally determined that my 1999 was a 2015, but it did not have the adjustment screws/ features that they later put on the Model #2020 or #2025 Mirrors (BUT those models maybe not on a Class-A, and YOU may have to look at BUS Mirrors?) Hope this helps?
Old 04-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #5
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Trick is to IDENTIFY Brand and Model? Using Catalog, were you able to verify that it is VELVAC? If so, Velvac MODEL#? (As example) I finally determined that my 1999 was a 2015, but it did not have the adjustment screws/ features that they later put on the Model #2020 or #2025 Mirrors (BUT those models maybe not on a Class-A, and YOU may have to look at BUS Mirrors?) Hope this helps?
I went through the whole catalog of mirrors and didn't find it. I did shoot a note to them and Ramco to see if they equipped my coach. I'll also hit up Gulf Stream as well.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:07 PM   #6
km7648

Quote:
Originally Posted by proost View Post
I have a good wobble on the right sideview mirror on my 2007 Tourmaster T40A coach. I want to pop it out and see if I can see what needs adjustment/fixing/tightening but unsure of the process. Would love to figure out the brand or procedure so if anyone has some tips, much appreciated. When I move the mirror right or left to the extreme I see the tabs in there but don't want to break them by lifting them if that's not the correct method.

Thanks a lot!
I had the same wobble on my mirror and did remove the glass, finding no problem. Turned out the mirror "head" was very slightly loose and caused the movement at freeway speeds.

Tightened the allen screws - no more wobble.
km7648 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mirror, shake, side, tourmaster, wobble