Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-22-2023, 08:10 PM   #1
trotline

Default 2004 GS Indy solar integration

I an new to RV electrical systems. They are pretty simple but I have no wiring diagram. So I am just sharing here to see if anyone has any comments or ideas.
I have done a lot of electrical work on this vehicle and know where things are and how they work. I know about solar systems.

I have added (2) 345 watt solar panels, 30amp Renogy charge controller and (3) 100 amp hour batteries with a 3000 watt inverter.
I have upgraded my air conditioners to high efficiency ones with a start capacitor for solar.

Here is the layout:
1. The electrical components and ac panel are under the bed.
2. 12v fuses under driver seat access from outside door.
3. 12v system switches for house and engine batteries under passenger seat access from outside door.

All the electrical devices are strung out in the coach at various locations, frig and kitchen, lights, etc. I have no idea which wire goes where when at any location or device. I have owned this rv for 3 years and am still looking for 2004 GS Indy wiring diagram.

The system:

The (3) 100 amp hour solar batteries are under the bed with the 3000 watt Renogy inverter.

AC SYSTEM - I am connecting the inverter 110v output to the a/c system at the panel under the bed via a dedicated 30 amp breaker.
The changeover from gen to shore has been upgraded and the solar system will not be connected to the a/c panel if either of those are active.

DC SYSTEM - The house battery under the hood is standard sealed battery. It is charged by engine or 110v a/c shore power w/ 30 amp RV charge controller.
The solar batteries under the bed are agm sealed 100 amp hour each (3). They are charged by a 30 amp Renogy Solar Charge Controller.

I can connect the 12v side of the solar system to the 8 gauge 12v wires that also connect the 110 shore charger to the 12v system under the bed.
That will be where the manual 12v dc changeover switch will be located so the shore charger or engine charger will not be on the system the same time as the solar charger.

OK. That's about all. Any comments or ideas?
trotline is offline   Reply With Quote