Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-20-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
earmar

Default Battery Switches

I have 2002 Sun Voyager Trio on Workhorse. There is 2 switches in compartment under passenger seat with 4 large circuit breaker 50, 80', 100 amp. When I turn off the rear switch nothing happens, everything works coach and chassis, when I turn off the front switch it kills everything, that does not seem right, also in the entryway there is a switch that only seems to turn off coach lights except 1 over entryway. If I don't turn these off when I leave it all batteries will go dead. Just purchased in Jan 15, had many little nitpicking problems mostly electrical have all fixed now trying to figure these switches. I know somebody has same coach so any help will be appreciated.

earmar
2002 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager Trio
Toad: 2012 Little Bit (KIA SOUL) on dolly
earmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Battery Switches

I am not sure about the Sun Voyager coaches, but on my Scenic Cruiser on a rear compartment passenger side I have two big toggle switches which are for turning the power off, one is for the house and the other is for the chassis. You will turn those off if you are not going to use your coach like in the winter months and you are winterizing it. The big toggle switch in the entrance door is to turn of all DC power on the house part of the coach.

Now you mention two circuit breakers? I have one on the same compartment and it is for the levelers on my coach. Now there is another on the compartment under the drivers seat and I am not sure what that is for.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
earmar

Thanks,
I thought that was how they should work but one switch doesn't seem to do anything and the other one kills everything. To hot to mess with now (95 today)' wait till we go north to figure it out.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:54 PM   #4
sunvger79

i have a 2004 sun voyager. my 2 switches under the passenger seat seem to work right, but i was wondering if the switch or the relay is stuck on for the "boost the chassis batt with the coach batts" on your unit . the switch is on the dash and on mine the relay is in 1 of the front 2 compartments on the drivers side. it is a round silver relay with wire hooked to it, it looks like a start relay off an old ford. i have a switch at the door that turns on 1 light in the coach but that's all. we looked at an older sun voyager that seemed to have a coach power switch at the door. don't know if this helps.
sunvger79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #5
earmar

I thought the boost was to help start engine if coach battery was low, have never had to use it. I had to replace 1 relay under drivers seat cause dr door power window, power windows, air horn and windshield fans didn't work all the time. The switch just inside the door only turns off house lights except one. The 2 battery switches under pass seat, I just turn them both off when I leave it and that turned everything off. Thanks for the help.