Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
cloudbaseracer

Default Sun Room Atrium Specific Class A Model Information

Hello,

I am new to the forum and looking to get our first RV. I believe I am mostly interested in a diesel pusher but not sure if I want a full 41' coach. The Friendship G8 with the Atrium/Sun room slide is what my wife and I have fallen in love with but I am curious.......

What does the 8411 in the model mean?

How do I determine what other models - Crescendo, Tourmaster, Sun Voyager, Independence, etc. have this same sun room?

Is there a database that some kind GS Owner has compiled that would give me this information?

Are there any 36' - 38' models that have the sun room that are also diesel?

We feel we need the diesel as we will be doing quite a lot of mountain travel pulling a full size SUV but the 41' size worries me that we will be limited in places we can park.

Thanks!!
James
cloudbaseracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Sun Room Atrium Specific Class A Model Information

Here is a link of the archived brochures of the Gulf Stream motorhomes.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/literaturearchive.htm

If you look under the models you mentioned it shows the floor plans that were available for each model.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
cloudbaseracer

Thanks for that link.

Is that a complete list? I ask because the model I am looking at is being sold as a 2007 Friendship G8 and that is not shown. The MFG Date on the placard is 11/05. Are these guys lying about the year?
cloudbaseracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

If the Manf date is 11/05 then it is probably a 2006 model, not a 2007. The info on the archive site should be complete since it is from Gulf Stream.

I don't believe the Friendship G8 was manufactured in 2007 according to the info I have. Ask to see the title before you buy, the year will be listed on the title. It is possible the chassis is a 2004 model since the manf date is 11/05. Chassis sometimes sit for a year at the plant before the coach is built on them.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
Dennis4809

As for the model year, the mh mfg establishes the title year. Could be as much as two years different than the chassis mfg yr. Went through this with state of Wisconsin as they initially used the chassis serial number to set the year. Letter from Gulfstream quoting the law set things straight.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
joedirt1217

I have a 2004 Atrium 8410. While traveling I kept hearing a whistling noise. Took awhile to figure out it was a leak around the windshield from deformed fiberglass front nose piece. Talked to a repair facility in Florida where they said there were several cases for this happening on Gulfstream class As. His suggestion was to look for a great body man when I got home. I am confident that this deforming at the upper outside corners of the windshield is caused mainly by the weight of the overhead mirrors. The gap between the glass and the fiberglass had increased to about 2 inches. Wow. After taping it up for a few thousand miles I am back home.
After removing some interior panels and the front TV which we never used, I was able to place a slidelock against the TV cabinet and force the fiberglass back into shape and get the gasket to fit the windshield and the fiberglass. When the slidelock was removed the fiberglass seemed to stay in place. I don't have any confidence that it will stay like that for long.
I plan to place some blocking between the side of a cabinet and the fiberglass to keep it from moving again. The blocking will cross the curtain path so I will move the curtain track to the bottom of overhead cabinets which will work fine. I think I can get by with this repair and still leave the mirrors on top. But I am considering moving the mirrors to below the windshield by moving them to the opposite side of the coach and mounting them upside down. Or I may purchase after market side mount mirrors.
I would suggest that anyone looking at purchasing a Gulfstream Coach or ppl that have them to closely inspect this area of the windshield.
The nose piece has very little mass at this location and really needs more support for those big mirrors. Barely seems sufficient to hold the glass inplace. Just poor design. The mirrors present too much force there and especially when running down the road at 75mph.
joedirt1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #7
RayChez1

I believe they are two different coaches, the Friendship G8 and the coach called the Atrium. Some Friendships had the Atrium, and some did not. I believe, I could be wrong. I remember looking at a coach called the Atrium in Las Vegas, and it was a pretty long roomy coach. I believe they said it was 42' long.

I myself have never liked the Atrium on coaches because of too much glass and it seems to me that it would be hard to keep the heat or cooling the coach with so many windows.

So I ended buying a Scenic Cruiser which has been an excellent coach.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #8
sunvger79

I have a Sunvoyager 8379 with an atrium sunroom. we specifically looked for a coach with one. from what i have seen researching the sunvoyager 8377, 8379, 8388, 8295 have an atrium, from 2004 to 2006 and some 2007 and 2008, the odd 2009. some yellowstones have it (i think gas only) and of course the diesel atrium 8410 and 8411. as far a i can gather, the 8 starts them all (class a?), then the length of the coach (2 numbers) and a model # last.
sunvger79 is offline   Reply With Quote