Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-05-2020, 11:03 PM   #1
johnalves

Default Water Leak From Under Kitchen Slide Out

We have a 2004 Gulfstream Sun Voyager. On a few occasions we have had a water leak from under the kitchen slide out.
The leak is under the sub floor below the sink, counter, appliances. Cannot see anything from outside. Has anyone else had this issue. How did you resolve it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
johnalves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
RayChez1

I noticed a water leak one time that was coming out by the front compartment at the base of the door. I was confused as to where it was coming from because there was no water lines in that area. Kept looking and it was a small cup like container that collects the water from the tray inside the refrigerator and it runs out through a small hose to this cup like container. I guess the refrigerator was recycling a lot because of the humidity and the fins were defrosting faster then what could evaporation could do its job on the outside. So since the coach was lower in the front, the water was spilling out of the small cup and was working its way through the inside somehow and was coming out at the bottom of the front compartment. While I was in San Diego I had to empty that cup almost everyday to avoid it from spilling over. Just remove the vent cover behind the refrigerator on the outside, reach in and sponge it out. You have to be careful you do not burn your hand where the flue is located.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
bmojmhs

I don't know what the layout of your slide looks like. Where does the leak show up on your slide? At the end wall? Part way down the slide?

If it's under the subfloor it's probably from the outside.

Does it leak when it rains? When does the leak show up?
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #4
RayChez1

I agree what if it is on the sub floor below the slide it has to be a water line running from the water manifold (if equipped) to the kitchen facet. Again it is hard to tell exactly because every coach is different. Like my coach between the main floor and the sub floor it has the fresh water tank which looks like a queen size mattress. If you or anybody else has been replacing screws and you apply a screw that is a little to long, it could puncture a small hole on the tank.. So if it has not been raining that is about the only thing that has water. If it has been raining, the leak could be anywhere on the coach, and water will travel where there is less resistance and those are very hard to find. Then you have to pressurize the inside of the coach and check for bubbles with soap and water.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:35 AM   #5
johnalves

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
I noticed a water leak one time that was coming out by the front compartment at the base of the door. I was confused as to where it was coming from because there was no water lines in that area. Kept looking and it was a small cup like container that collects the water from the tray inside the refrigerator and it runs out through a small hose to this cup like container. I guess the refrigerator was recycling a lot because of the humidity and the fins were defrosting faster then what could evaporation could do its job on the outside. So since the coach was lower in the front, the water was spilling out of the small cup and was working its way through the inside somehow and was coming out at the bottom of the front compartment. While I was in San Diego I had to empty that cup almost everyday to avoid it from spilling over. Just remove the vent cover behind the refrigerator on the outside, reach in and sponge it out. You have to be careful you do not burn your hand where the flue is located.
Thank you for tip
Old 07-13-2020, 08:36 AM   #6
johnalves

Quote:
I agree what if it is on the sub floor below the slide it has to be a water line running from the water manifold (if equipped) to the kitchen facet. Again it is hard to tell exactly because every coach is different. Like my coach between the main floor and the sub floor it has the fresh water tank which looks like a queen size mattress. If you or anybody else has been replacing screws and you apply a screw that is a little to long, it could puncture a small hole on the tank.. So if it has not been raining that is about the only thing that has water. If it has been raining, the leak could be anywhere on the coach, and water will travel where there is less resistance and those are very hard to find. Then you have to pressurize the inside of the coach and check for bubbles with soap and water.
Thanks for the advice
Old 07-13-2020, 08:37 AM   #7
johnalves

Quote:
Thanks you for the response
Old 07-13-2020, 11:08 PM   #8
Johnbkight

I have a 04 BT Cruiser and experienced the same slow leak from under the sink. Water worked back to bedroom over the years creating soft spot in bedroom floor. Removed vertical panel under sink near stove (4-6 screws easy access) to find the culprit. Fairly rigid hose that bends with each opening / closing of slide. Too much stress I guess over the years. Found replacement hose at Lowe's, more rigid than I would have liked, that fit perfectly. Easy repair. Now on to the soft spot in the bedroom floor!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190325_182912.jpg (276.7 KB, 2 views)
Johnbkight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:15 PM   #9
clepp

Any chance your Fridge gas a built in ice maker and you live or purchased from somewhere it freezes in the winter?

We had an issue with our Crescendo when we bought it had been winterized by the dealer. They did everything except the ice maker and with water in the valve it cracked the plastic housing over the winter. Never leaked on pump pressure, but once we were connected to a city supply it blew apart and leaked like crazy and ran under the galley slide across the floor and out under the other slide. We fortunately caught it quickly and damage was minimal. A new valve later and hasn't leaked since. We triple check that valve when winterizing now and every spring to make sure it hasn't cracked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fridge_valve.jpg (143.8 KB, 3 views)