Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
MMalone2

Default Light on dash

Does anyone know what this warning/error light on dash means. Picture as light can be seen in tbe attachment. On a 1998 GS Sun Voyager diesel. I believe it's the glow plug symbol but it stays on all the time even after driving for an hour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201025_171352.jpg (191.8 KB, 19 views)
MMalone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
Chuck v

From the icon I would say it is an engine pre-heat symbol... It should time out in about 20 seconds or so each time you turn on the ignition key. Attached is an image of the generic dash layout of the Freightliner RV diesel chassis instrumentation...click on the thumbnail image to get a readable size.

The gauges in my 2007 Tour Master were a bit different and had a lighted message that said 'wait to start' or something similar instead of this icon indicator.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
MMalone2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
From the icon I would say it is an engine pre-heat symbol... It should time out in about 20 seconds or so each time you turn on the ignition key. Attached is an image of the generic dash layout of the Freightliner RV diesel chassis instrumentation...click on the thumbnail image to get a readable size.

The gauges in my 2007 Tour Master were a bit different and had a lighted message that said 'wait to start' or something similar instead of this icon indicator.

Chuck
I agree that it's the glow plug symbol but for some reason it's not going off after starting and warm up. So I guess my real question is what would keep a glow plug symbol to stay on?
MMalone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
Chuck v

There is a glow plug control module somewhere on your rig that may be failing...I have never seen this on my coach, but did have an issue with such a module on a small diesel John Deere tractor.

These modules all drive the indicator lamp separately from the high current supply to the glow plugs themselves, so perhaps your plugs are cycling correctly and the indicator is the only thing that is failing. Here is some generic information on how these modules work, etc.
https://www.championautoparts.eu/new...ol-module.html

What engine is in your coach? Start with that vendor for any questions you have on the module, then the chassis manufacturer. Gulf Stream builds the 'house' part of the coach and is the least likely to have an answer for you on this issue..

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dashboard, error light, warning light