Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-20-2022, 09:11 AM   #1
washetas

Default door latch mechanism

Morning all! I have a 2003 gulfstream friendship G7 and am looking for exterior and interior door mechanism for my entry door.Any thoughts on sites or companies that would carry these parts.Wishing upon all a great day.Peace
washetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
Chuck v

Yes...

It is likely very similar to my 2007 Tour Master entry door. Parts are available from TriMark. See the attached contact info:

TriMark Service & Replacement Parts
1970 N. Linn Ave., Whse L New Hampton, IA 50659
Toll Free:1-800-431-8616 Phone: 1-641-394-4619 Fax: 1-641-394-1515 Email:[email protected]

The entry handle is 030-0400 and the latch is 050-0250.

Hope this helps...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:08 PM   #3
Torch

Go to latch fix.com, I used them and they are high quality parts. Better than the original.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 01:21 PM   #4
Chuck v

Torch,

These components from TriMark are not residential or semi-residential parts like those used on other RVs with vertical walls framed in wooden or aluminum studs...these are highway vehicle latching systems.

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Door latch components from TriMark.jpg (163.5 KB, 5 views)

Old 01-31-2022, 11:21 AM   #5
Torch

Default latch repair

Chuck,
What usually breaks in the latch is the latching bar or styker, on TriMark latches the original is made out of a forged metal that has a weak point where they all seem to break. A gentleman who is a machinist had his break and he now makes the replacement parts out of a high alloy steel that is much stronger than the original and sells them for about 1/3 the cost of a new latch. Check it out at Latchit.com

Not arguing with you just saying......
Old 01-31-2022, 11:21 AM   #6
Torch

Sorry Latchfix.com
Old 01-31-2022, 05:00 PM   #7
Chuck v

Torch,

Yes I have looked at the website you reference and the latches there appear to be quality units that replace/upgrade those RV doors that have handle mechanisms that sandwich the inner and outer latch mechanisms through a single hole in the door. A dead bolt feature is included.

What I posted above is the TriMark devices that have three separate units:
1. a blind mount external paddle handle shown as 030-0400
2. a blind mount interior latch handle shown above as 030-0425
3. A door edge mortised latching mechanism that engages the doorfrrame latch ring which is shown above as o50-0250
4. the door frame mounted latch ring is not shown above...
5. the deadbolt for the diesel pushers are high quality separate deadbolts independent of all of the above mechanisms.

The strike/latch is not a beveled sliding bolt like the typical door knob mechanism or the RV style handles you linked on the Latchit website -- these more resemble the NTSA approved door latches used in cars and trucks and are rotary release mechanisms with a partial and full engagement pawl set-up.

I am not trying to make any particular point here, and certainly not arguing about your post which is going to be helpful to anyone that has a latch that sandwiches the door cutout as illustrated on the Latchit site. My point is rather that a G7 Friendship diesel pusher by Gulfstream will most likely have the types of latches found on my 2007 Tour Master diesel pusher -- hence my posts about that series of TriMark hardware.

Thanks for your contributions in the other GS Owners site thread regarding the Endura coaches.

Chuck