Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Stormy

Default Help...we're new at this!

We have a *new to us* 2005 Triple Slide Crescendo - diesel pusher. I think it's 40 feet (forgive me...I'm writing this while husband is trying to solve our problems outside).

We are in a camp ground with shore power & water.

The fridge wasn't switching over so when we went to check the back of it the outlet that the unit is plugged in to has no power. We circumvented this at first by plugging the unit directly into an extension cord. Since then the fridge has not worked. The display lights come on but it is not cooling at all. We tried putting it back to gas and it still is not cooling.
Even if there is a temp fix for this please let me know because we are literally in the middle of the desert and I would prefer to have my food kept cold! We can feel heat coming from the heating element so we are certain it is working. We have also checked the fuses that we can see.

Another thing with the fridge...I can't seem to get the icemaker to work. I can see water in all 3 (sink, filter water & fridge) but it just doesn't seem to be getting from the hose to the icemaker. (This is from when the fridge was actually working)

Mystery switch....in the hallway across from the fridge is an on/off switch with a red light underneath it that stays lit when it is on. The switch also has an extra 'give' to it on the off side - almost like it's on, off & really off.

I think that is it...for now! We also would appreciate any tips for being in a semi-perm winter camp spot.

Thanks,

The Storms
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote