Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
rotts4u

Default Would you buy another Tourmaster?

I really like the t36 coach and in many ways it fits my needs. I have found some 2006 left overs that are advertised for $146K which makes them pretty competitive in terms of price. But after reading all the info on here I am affraid to proceed for fear of a bad one.

So my question is would you buy another one or not?

This T36 has the dual roof air so I think that avoids some of the issues with the basement air. But I see other problems on slides, leaks etc etc.

Please help me out !!

Thanks

don
rotts4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #2
Arthur Hayes

Default Would I buy another Tour Master

Hi Don, You mention basement air as a problem, I happen to really like mine, and I have not had any slide problems or leaks so far. I took delivery of my T40A Tour Master last September and have been full timing since. Have been in the heat of South Florida and the cold of Glacier National Park where I have been since April. I see no reason why you would not want a Tour Master. Don't think that I did not have some issues, but so far they have been minor ones. The only one that haunts me now is the RCA cables that go to the outside compartment for the TV. They are plugged in at the distribution box and connected at the outlet in the outside compartment but no signal comes through them. I am sure that Gulfstream will eventually solve the problem when I get the coach near a dealer sometime.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
coolchas11

Hi, Don. Without question we would buy another Tour Master. We purchased our 2007 T40C last December and are very pleased. Sure, some minor things have needed repair or replacement, but, all in all, it's a very good coach. This is our third Gulf Stream purchased thru a dealer here in CT. They have been a big part of our decision. "All the problems" you mention are fairly well spread among all manufacturers. Charlie
Old 06-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
rotts4u

Thanks for the replies so far. The reason I mentioned the basement air as a problem is that so many of them have been retro-fitted with a 3rd roof unit in order to keep up with the heat. I even called Gulfstream and they admitted their basement ac was an issue and therefore quit offering it. Of course everyone expects different temps indoors and I tend to like it cool. My current 35' gas coach has dual 15k heatpumps and it will run me out with cold in the summer or hot in the winter. I just dont want to step back after this positive experience so far.

Thanks everyone and please keep the comments coming

Don
Old 07-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
rotts4u

I ended up getting a new 2008 Tiffin Phaeton instead of the Tourmaster. Yes it did cost me a bit more than the 2006 Tourmaster T36 that I was looking at but the Tiffin is a 2008 and has 4 slides instead of two. Plus it is a Tiffin. I had an Allegro bay before and really liked it and Tiffin really takes good care of their owners etc. So far I am very happy.

Thanks to everyone for your comments on here. You have a good forum for people to learn a lot.

Don
Old 07-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Don,
Good luck with your SOB. (Some Other Brand)

Tiffin does have a good name with their service after the sale and the company is family owned and ran just like Gulf Stream Coach.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
rodt

Hi everyone -

My wife and I currently full-time in a 36' Carri-Lite 5th wheel (5 slides). We are considering switching to a Class A. While in the San Jose, CA area last week, we stopped in at an RV show, and checked out 2 GS. We were very impressed with the 2 - one was a T40A, and the other was a T40F.

We know a lot about 4th wheels, but little about Class A. What is your opinion about cost vs quality; overall quality; and comparison with other brands?

As I said, we were very impressed. Also, we are hearing 6-8 mpg is normal. Are those numbers correct? Thanks!

Rod
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
Arthur Hayes

Welcome Rod

I think the Tour Master is a good unit and is worth the value as long as you negotiate a price well below the sticker price. 25 to 30% off the list will make it a very good deal. Do some shopping.

Our T40A gets close to 9 MPG and it only has 16 K on it.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
GO BLUE

i just purchased 07 40b am out at the beach this weekend on first trial.....so far only problem is cable connection to front tv every thing else seems to be going great love the layout.....wife insisted on bath and a half and i got to say she was right jim k
Old 07-28-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
hyall

wish you the best with your new purchase and have fun

same here as my wife wanted the 1 1/2 bath
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote