Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
SueMac

Default Getting help from GS

How do you know who to talk to if you need help? We received a letter stating who our customer service rep is, but we can't get anyone on the phone. We've called, wrote letters and emailed to no avail.

We finally called a local dealer (an hour away) who sells GS and asked if they'd look at our coach. (We tried to buy from them but they could not take our trade and suggested we go out of state, so we did and our selling dealer is 1200 miles away) Thank goodness they did not have the attitude of "You didn't buy from us, don't come for service". We have an appt. for a diagnosis of the problem and fix on 7/31.

When I described the shower problem the service writer said they might not be set up for such an extensive repair, but they'd be glad to take a look and let us know if they thot' it needed to go back to the factory.

Once we get our diagnosis and if they won't do the repair, then I'm wondering just who else I should talk to at GS. So far, every dept. I've called has only had a voice mail and no call backs.

We also have the jackknifing king bed in the back and it doesn't work. It is going to totally quit in the down position and leave us stranded. I hope I can get a hold of someone in service or tech support when we are stranded in a CG. If the bed won't jackknife, the slides won't fit.

So far I'm batting 0 when it comes to any help from them. If anyone has a reference at the factory, please pass it on.
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

SueMac,

Check your PM here on the forum, I left you a response there.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
SueMac

Thanks, I'll report on any progress made.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
SueMac

We have had contact with Scott Pullin, VP of operations. He's working on getting things fixed on the coach. Things move slowly, but at least we aren't being ignored. I've sent many photos of the awful assembly and he said he was shocked at how badly our coach turned out.

So hopefully things will continue to progress. I hope so, I'd like to use the coach one of these days!
Old 08-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #5
coolchas11

SueMac, I reread your original post and noticed the bed issue. Same thing with us. We did get in a jam when the slides would not retract. I got it working, but the TM is now awaiting shipment of a part to repair the problem. Charlie
Old 08-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
SueMac

With 2 motors to move the bed it would be hard to bring it in by hand. We took the coach to a local GS shop and had a sharp tech. Seems the frame was very warped and he did some rebuilding and it works much better and is quieter and smoother. But still sometimes when we push the button to bring it up, nothing happens. It seems like something wasn't making contact in the switch. So hubby replaced the switch. We haven't used it much since, so not sure if that solved the problem or not. The motors seem to work fine.

We've spent hours rebuilding stuff inside and filling critter holes to the outside. GS has to come up with a fix for the huge holes at the ends of the slides when extended. I can put my whole fist outside on some of them. This coach has more holes than swiss cheese and rivals our old Alfa when it comes to not being sealed.

I hope your Tour Master was made better inside than this one is. Yet, I've talked to other Super Nova owners who don't have near the problems we have had to tackle and rebuild.

We never have been able to talk to anyone in customer service, but got a hold of the VP of operations and he seems to be able to get stuff done.

SueMac