Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
arndt

Default 2005 Gulfstream Sun Voyager SE Removeable of Bedroom TV

Has anyone tried to take out the TV in a 2005 Sun Voyager SE? The front have screws with plugs but the back the screws seem to be countersunk inside where you can not get them. Please help!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
arndt

Default Finally got out

For anyone with this problem we finally had to cut the screws and pull the frame out it was a real chore. My husband had to use a cutting blade and then pry until it finally let loose.[/img]
Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
RJ82much

You are tackling a very sticky chore. I spent an immeasurable amount of time trying to figure how in the heck the TV was held in place. As I recall:

* remove the faceplate, held with 4 screws.

* remove the 2 side trim pieces, each held with 2 screws

* underneath the side trim pieces, you will find 2 more long screws on each side. I think they held the metal TV bracket &/or the partical board base from sliding out of the openeing.

* Behind the TV, & I forget how I reached it, is a (very tough) plastic band, like strapping. This strapping prevented the TV from falling out of the opening. I remember reaching in somehow & cutting it with a diagonal cutter.

I struggled so much, reaching dead-ends, that I forget the exact procedure. Once you get to the point of sliding the TV out of the hole, you need another 2 hands to unplug all of the wires. Keep track of which RCA plugs go where! They are not marked or color coded.

I am assuming your intent is to replace the TV with an LCD. Good luck again. Until I could figure all the construction & mounting details I placed a small LCD on the alcove shelf under my entertainment center (in front of the mirror). The wall mount amplifier (red light) has an unused, un-identified F connector that can be used to run a cable to the TV. AC Power is available on that alcove shelf. Since the LCD was slightly larger than the opening, I was able to wedge it securly in & run a piece of black webbing across the face for traveling. We came all the way across the country with this setup.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
arndt

Default Thanks

The problem with mine is that it was not screwed through the front of the frame we had to use a cutting wheel and cut the screws to get them out
If I could fiqure out how to put pictures I could show you.[/img]
Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 AM   #5
RJ82much

Whoooops, I just realized you were referring to the bedroom TV, not the front. My removal description was for the front.

Sounds like mounting changed between 2005 & 2006. My bedroom TV was straight-forward to remove. I popped the 4 wooden plugs, unscrewed the screws to drop the "picture frame" face plate. The TV just set on the cabinet base with 2 metal brackets to capture it & prevent movement. Unscrewing the brackets was straight-forward as well. I seem to recall a strange piece of wood across the top.

Anyway, the factory hold-down didn't work very well as the TV tended to move about. Maybe they tried to "fix" it!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote