Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
Trapshooter

Default Impressions

I have read from many posts of discontentment with Gulfstream company and possibly the quality of the coach itself. I would like to say that although I have not had any contact with the corporate side, I have done extensive investigation of the coach itself. I fell that for the most part the coach is first class. The fit and finish are better than many I have seen and the type and kind of appliances, lighting, furniture and systems are top notch. As with any product that travels down the bumpy road "sh--happens", things will develope, problems will occure. I have had my 2004 Sunvoyager for a year and have had to fix some things. I think this is a normal with any motorhome. To my way of thinking the Gulfstream Sunvoyager is a great product with first class appointments.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
floridafamilyof5

we are totally thrilled with our GS....we bought it from a single man....and he didnt have any complaints either. apparently he was deaf though...with all the window noise LOL
Old 01-16-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
Connie

Default GS SunVoyager

Hello all! I would like to say that we also have a 2004 SunVoyager and aside from a few small issues, we LOVE it. We had a minor scrape with a pole and needed help from the factory to order a new compartment door and they were great. They ordered the door and shipped it to our home lickety split. I could not have asked for better service.
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
WE B RVN

My coach is much older than most on this forum. However, we absolutely love it. We have had three GS prouducts, one travel trailer, and two motor homes, one diesel. We have had very few minor problems. We have purchased parts straight from Gulf Stream and they have been very helpful. Most of our problems are from normal use and are usually not even a Gulf Stream component. For example, the heating element in the hot water tank burned out. This item will be replaced at no cost by Gulf Stream at the Back Home rally in June. Our motor home is ten years old. I do not think another company out there will do that. Three years ago on our eleven year old motor home they replaced the curtains around the windshield at no cost. We have been members of Gulfstreamers since 1991 and have enjoyed every minute of it.

Kevin & Cindy
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:24 AM   #5
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

We bought our 03 Friendship in 05. We have had one problem. A brake line came loose. Other than that everything works as advertised. We are very satisfied with our coach.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
darbyjudy

Default Any wind noise

We also have a 2004 Sunvoyager, like it pretty much since I have got the leaks stopped. But one thing is I have a lot of wind noise, seems to be coming at the top of coach on the passenger side. anyone else have this problem. I though it was CB antenna or mirror but don't know what to do about it.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
floridafamilyof5

Default Re: Any wind noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
We also have a 2004 Sunvoyager, like it pretty much since I have got the leaks stopped. But one thing is I have a lot of wind noise, seems to be coming at the top of coach on the passenger side. anyone else have this problem. I though it was CB antenna or mirror but don't know what to do about it.
yeah..thats where we have noise also......dh sealed it all up with clear caulk.....we will have to see how that works