Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
treetopguy

Default fuse location on 04 independence

Does anyone have an idea on fuse locations for the dash radio and the overhead 12volt supply in the overhead cabinets? I have 3 different fuse box locations. One under the driver's area(believe this is for the chassis type fuses), one in a side panel on the motorhome, and one under the front engine compartment.
I've pulled nearly every fuse under the dash and in the side storage compartment and cant identify a problem.
This is on a 04 gulfstream independence motorhome.
thanks
treetopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
Restorium

Could possibly be one of the 12v fuses in the panel box with the breakers.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopguy View Post
Does anyone have an idea on fuse locations for the dash radio and the overhead 12volt supply in the overhead cabinets? I have 3 different fuse box locations. One under the driver's area(believe this is for the chassis type fuses), one in a side panel on the motorhome, and one under the front engine compartment.
I've pulled nearly every fuse under the dash and in the side storage compartment and cant identify a problem.
This is on a 04 gulfstream independence motorhome.
thanks

When you say "under the drivers seat area" do you mean in a compartment that is forward on the drivers side of the coach or are you referring to a fuse pane located under the dash on the drivers side. My coach has bot of those.

Sudsy
Old 07-30-2019, 02:32 PM   #4
treetopguy

under the driver's seat would be the one just under the steering wheel on the inside of the firewall. I do have a small compartment that has a door on the outside of the coach on the start side. harder than heck to see in! I have taken photos of it and tried replacing several fuses, but no luck yet. Gulfstream has little to help with schematics, but they have attempted to help in the past.
the sterio hot lead was the first one to fail. I had to wire the sterio independently while on the road. now I find that the front overhead 12 volt is dead. I wouldn't think they are on the same fuse, but who knows!
Old 07-30-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
treetopguy

do you happen to have a 04 Independence? we simply love ours. we have updated some of the furniture. we have the living area in the bedroom with all the windows. haven't found any new units that we would want, even though there are some neat new features.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
Sudsy

Default Bed Pedistal

I have DC fuses located under the bed overhang. There are two DC panels and one main AC circuit breaker panel. My DC fuses for Map lights and quiet fan and main overhead lights are there. That's all overhead DC stuff.

Sudsy
Old 07-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #7
treetopguy

when they built mind, they didnt use the DC in the breaker box. I replaced the breaker box 2 years ago and realized that. the 12 volt is sent to the outside compartment and through that fuse box.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
Sudsy

I have three separate boxes under the bed. All are plastic with doors that come off completely. Two of them are DC fuses. The other one is an AC breaker panel. The breakers are residential type and there are about six or seven. The AC breakers for the Air Conditioners and the AC for the fridge are under thee as well as all of the outlets I assume. Never popped one. I did pop a DC fuse when changing the Thermostats last year and found it in these panels.

Pictures coming

Sudsy
Old 07-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #9
Sudsy

Default Under Bed Breaker Panel and Two DC Fuseboxes

Here's some pictures I just took. Sorry about the poor lighting but you should get the idea.

The large one is the AC panel the other two are DC fuses.

Sudsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-07-30 16.10.17.jpg (172.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-07-30 16.10.22.jpg (125.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-07-30 16.10.31.jpg (114.9 KB, 7 views)