Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-12-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
Rabarb#

Default Advice Needed

Hello,

We are in our second summer on this new adventure with our 2004 BT cruiser. We bought older just to see if we would like it. Much to my surprise it would require a new skill set after looking all over town for a dealership that would help with upgrades and normal maintenance or just help with where to get help. Just was not going to happen. Our hope was to eventually buy new. I cannot imagine buying at huge cost with no support so here we are. Unfortunately, we fell in love with this thing and to make it crazier grandkids cannot get enough. After upgrading suspension (air) front stabilizer and shocks and minor leaks, heating issues, etc.

I am now faced with an issue beyond my skill set. My generator (Guardian by Generac) runs but will not supply power to all in house appliances and a/c all batteries are new (2 months) and have checked all fuses and breakers that I know of. I would really like to just get it worked on or get some direction (shore power works 30 amp). Please help.

Thanks Ron
Rabarb# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Hi Ron,

It seems like a little troubleshooting is in order. If you are comfortable with working around electricity, then you can do this yourself. If not, DON'T, and hire an electrician. RVs don't necessarily need an "RV" service tech.

It seems to me you need to confirm that you have power properly coming from the generator. I would reset all breakers by fully turning them off and then back on. Even if they "feel" or "look" okay, they could still be tripped. Don't forget about the most important one on the generator itself. Then, you need to check to see if the transfer switch is functioning properly to automatically switch between the inputs of the generator and shore power.

Here are some videos to help you out:

https://youtu.be/7DpIzugALqc
https://youtu.be/7xxWagd-Q8Q

I'm also attaching a wiring diagram and my Generac Guardian manual. Good luck! -Larry
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
rburns6096

Default TV antenna in 189dd

how and where is the TV antenna hookups in 2021 amerilite 189dd?
rburns6096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #4
BobClearyJr

You say you're not getting 120 VAC to all of your appliances. Do you have 120 VAC in some outlets? If this is the case and after you have reset the breakers in the breaker panel, check the GFI breakers. We have a 2011 Yellowstone Class-C. We have three GFI outlets. One in the bathroom over the sink, one in the kitchen over the sink and one behind the refrigerator. The one behind the refrigerator is where the refrigerator is plugged in. This one is easy to access through the outside access panel. Other outlets can be connected to the GFI outlets and are protected by the GFI.
BobClearyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #5
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabarb# View Post
Hello,

We are in our second summer on this new adventure with our 2004 BT cruiser. We bought older just to see if we would like it. Much to my surprise it would require a new skill set after looking all over town for a dealership that would help with upgrades and normal maintenance or just help with where to get help. Just was not going to happen. Our hope was to eventually buy new. I cannot imagine buying at huge cost with no support so here we are. Unfortunately, we fell in love with this thing and to make it crazier grandkids cannot get enough. After upgrading suspension (air) front stabilizer and shocks and minor leaks, heating issues, etc.

I am now faced with an issue beyond my skill set. My generator (Guardian by Generac) runs but will not supply power to all in house appliances and a/c all batteries are new (2 months) and have checked all fuses and breakers that I know of. I would really like to just get it worked on or get some direction (shore power works 30 amp). Please help.

Thanks Ron
Did you check at the output of the generator if it is producing electricity?
Only then can you move on to the next thing, your power panel, check if you have generator power coming to the panel.
Then check the outputs to the appliances from there.
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote