Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Windshield problems

I have a 2004 Sunvoyager 37 ft. In January of this year I had the left windshield crack, it was replaced by my insurance company. At the same time I had them look at the right windshield for it had moved and was letting air in and making noise. The mechanic adjusted the right windshield and also put some type of sealer under the rubber and told me that it would not move again. Well I then was laid up with a back operation so didn't get to use the MH until August, when we went up to TN. We were gone about 8 weeks but I noticed that after we got to the first campground that the right windshield had once again moved in the rubber and was showing a gap where water could leak in. I tried bumping it back in with my hand but was afraid to hit it too hard for fear of breaking it. So now that I am back home it looks as if I will have to once again get the windshield man and have him look at it again. Have any of the rest of you had this problem?
All in all we had a good trip and hated to come home to the hot weather. Everything worked well in the MH. I do want to get a new couch for it, because the one that came in it was bad from the beginning. Don't know exactly what to buy but hoping to get something a little better.
When we left Florida we drove right into Hugo, boy what a test I gave the MH, never drove in so much rain before. I did have a little water in several of the compartments, also at one point the engine must have got soaked and it started missing and it set a check engine light. But after drying out the light went off and all seems OK now. Got about 8 MPG of gas which I though was good considering the type of roads and the weather I was driving in.
But now home again for a while.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
darbyjudy

Default Got windshield repaired again

Well the mechanic was here again today and he repaired the windshield. He sealed the rubber to the fiberglass and said ;that should fix the problem but if it doesn't to call him again. He did it under his warrenty. He is a very nice man and I would not hesitate to recommend him for windshield work to anyone.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

We had problems with our windshield moving until Gulf Stream replaced the rubber locking strip in the rubber.

The service tech at Gulf Steam said they installed the wrong size locking strip (smaller) when the coach was built. The new locking strip was larger/wider. That was in June '06 and haven't had a problem since.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
RayChez1

Glad to read that you had your windshield problem solved. Maybe I have been lucky or what, but I have the one piece windshield and have never had any problems. Hope it stays that way.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote