Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #1
Chaplain_Jack

Default 2022 gulf stream enlighten 23rls

Has anyone had any experience with this set up?
Chaplain_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
whitedvr

Not a 23rl owner but I have a 2021 enlighten 19bh love it only minor problems.
whitedvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 01:12 PM   #3
CindiM

Default 2022 gulf stream enlighten 23rls

We have the 2021 23RLS. They are exactly the same.
CindiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:58 AM   #4
AMO

My wife and I purchased a 2022 23RLS yesterday from Camping World. I will be using it through the week but we will also get out and camp using it from time to time as well. We purchased this one because my half ton truck will handle it, it was less expensive than the other used light weights on the lot and this is our very first travel trailer. Should be a fun adventure!
AMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:38 PM   #5
AMO

Default Update for our travel trailer

So, we purchased this April 23, took delivery 2 weeks later. Since we've had it, the grey water tank was leaking everytime we used the shower, CW looked at it, found it cracked at the flange and from factory, it appears as though someone tried to seal the crack (un successfully) with JB weld or silicone caulk or something. 3 months later, GS accepted it as warranty work and sent a new tank we received a call from CW in late July to bring it in for replacement. Also, since we've had it, I had to replace the toilet valve due to leaking, CW said they couldn't make it leak. I've had to replace the thermal cut off on the water heater because it just blew one day (they are rated for 90°F). I also had to fish for and plug in the 115VAC plug for the water heater. And recently, while temperatures were in excess of 90°F, the AC would freeze up after about 1/2 hour of use. CW told me not to put it below 64° (it stays at 73°). They also said because its a roof unit, it needs to be under shade. It froze up at 2am and the outside temp was 78°F. I opened the cover and found the probe was not inserted into the fins and allowed the comprressor and the fins to become completely covered in ice. I inserted the probe and its been running like a champ. Also, while it was cooler, the furnace wasn't blowing very strong in the bathroom and the bedroom, I opened the panel to find the ducts werent connected. This unit must have been quality assured on a Friday at 4:30pm. The blinds either hang up or fall down, thinking of tearing them out completely. Last but not least, when it gets above 71°F, the door and screen door swell and stick. The hotter it gets, the harder it is to open the doors. We still love our trailer and were grateful for it but dang, really Gulf Stream?
AMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:04 AM   #6
Life on the fishing pier

Just from my pre morning coffee memory of the problems with my January 21st 2021 built Vintage Cruiser 23RSS. Flat rubber washer in the shower drain not installed but left right there so I could install it. Over half of the self tapping screws both inside and out had stripped holes. Hot wire in 30 Amp twist lock receptacle not tightened under the lug, Lug nuts all under torqued, wires in GFCI loose causing intermittent power at outside receptacle, hole for roof mount AC cut with circular saw and saw kerf extends past sealing area allowing water intrusion, slide motors had pinched wires that were rubbed through insulation after the 100 mile trip home, Carefree Compass awning requires a special shunting switch to stop the awning when the switch is released and GS uses a switch panel without that switch and on and on....But we still enjoy our 23RSS immensely.