Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #21
SGTJAC

Default Picture of current motor

Dune rider, Here is the picture of my current motor that is probably not going to last much longer. If I have to manually Jack everything back up and in, pumpmotor.jpgI won't either.
SGTJAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:34 PM   #22
Dune rider

That’s it. The new one is made in Taiwan and has the same j1171 number
Dune rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #23
Dune rider

Default Fixed the slides

I have good news, the new pump fixed the slides!!!. It was a bit of a chore, the replacement had the wrong size lugs and I had to modify a bracket to gain access to the bottom screw. All in all about 2 1/2 hours... not bad for an old man. Thanks everyone for your input. Just need a 65$ cure for my jacks
Dune rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #24
Dennis4809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune rider View Post
I have good news, the new pump fixed the slides!!!. It was a bit of a chore, the replacement had the wrong size lugs and I had to modify a bracket to gain access to the bottom screw. All in all about 2 1/2 hours... not bad for an old man. Thanks everyone for your input. Just need a 65$ cure for my jacks
You’re welcome! Glad you took the chance and ordered the motor.
Dennis
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #25
JohnnyAfrica

You gotta love the Internet sometimes....nice to see it was simple cost effective fix...lol
Old 02-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #26
Chuck v

Forum members!

Just found a 140-1179 in a box in my storage today (I sold the coach over a year ago...) I can't be positive but this may be a take out from when the dealer was getting my coach ready for me to buy it in 2008...

If anyone still needs this unit as a potential spare or for parts, just let me know and pay postage. Hope it helps someone...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #27
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

For those that need to know, 140-1179= Power Gear Touch Pad
Old 02-01-2020, 10:12 PM   #28
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Forum members!

Just found a 140-1179 in a box in my storage today (I sold the coach over a year ago...) I can't be positive but this may be a take out from when the dealer was getting my coach ready for me to buy it in 2008...

If anyone still needs this unit as a potential spare or for parts, just let me know and pay postage. Hope it helps someone...

Chuck
I have the older hydraulic manifold which is compatible as well. I pulled it out when I replaced my system because my 140-1179 went out. This is awesome Glenn!

Happy to see this and my system go to a good home!
proost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #29
riverofcode

I have this same touch pad system in our T40c and I hate it. My gasser 31' had an automatic leveler system that I really liked. With that one I could put each individual jack down or raise each one instead of having to retract all of them.

Does anyone have any idea how much stuff would need to be replaced to get the 140-1179 out of the picture and get something that can autolevel without spending a fortune?

Our system currently works nearly fine. I do have to repeatedly do a retract all or hold it in to get all the jacks completely retracted but otherwise no issues.

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #30
jlmanatee

I have this touchpad too. Last year the R (rear) button started only lowering the rear-left jack. I could still lower the rear-right by using the rear-right button, so it's still functional. But of course I worry about if/when the whole control unit will fail and I've kept my eye out for solutions that others have implemented. I keep thinking that since this is a manual system, some kind of manual switch panel could be built. I mean if the pump motor, relays and valves all still work the problem should be down to replacing some switches. I'll keep my fingers crossed that some smart owner will find the answer.
jlmanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #31
Chuck v

jlmanatee,

The 140-1179 controller assembly is much more than just a switch panel. There are two printed circuit assemblies sandwiched into this assembly that contain a microcomputer/micro-controller (MC68HC908...see the attached link for a 266 page data sheet. https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-she...8HC908GP32.pdf )

The 140-1179 has this controller to scan the switches, drive the LED indicators, sequence the commands to the remotely controlled hydraulic system and manage the safety interlocks and logic for the status of the actuators, the parking brake, etc.

Some members here have fully converted their coach to use a completely different and fully automatic leveling system that can utilize existing hydraulic rams, thereby circumventing the manual controller built into the 140-1179 -- but as I understand the conversion it takes much more of the system to be replaced to do this.

To the best of my knowledge the failures that are common to the 140-1179 controller assembly is not the switches themselves but the electronics internal to this assembly. Hope this helps clarify the issues, here are some pictures of the internals of this control assembly. You can see the LED indicators that shine through the holes in the larger PCB, and the pressure dome switches are on the reverse side of this PCB as part of the panel cover/label.

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200212_104009.jpg (227.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20200212_101720.jpg (221.6 KB, 11 views)

Old 02-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #32
jlmanatee

Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the information. So even if I thought I thought I might stand a chance of replacing that microchip, it would still be missing the correct ROM programming. Well, that's not very encouraging.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #33
Chuck v

As my post #26 states in this thread above, I am willing to give my unit to anyone for free that might utilize it. It may work better than the one you have now, and all it can cost is your time and some postage -- just PM me an address if you want it.

Chuck

Old 02-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #34
riverofcode

PM sent to you Chuck.

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
Old 02-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #35
riverofcode

For those needy technical geeks among us. I found this page about the processor in this controller... https://hackaday.io/project/14901-mc68hc08-programmer

I might need to see about wandering down a rabbit hole.

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
Old 02-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #36
jlmanatee

And I just threw out my Motorola assembly language programming books last week.
Actually it was the assembly language textbook for a PDP-11, but I digress.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:27 AM   #37
riverofcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
The 140-1179 has this controller to scan the switches, drive the LED indicators, sequence the commands to the remotely controlled hydraulic system and manage the safety interlocks and logic for the status of the actuators, the parking brake, etc.
Chuck
The more I roll this around in my head the less I think there is to "controlling" the rams. I mean basically you have to have a lockout for if the engine is running or not and if the parking brake is set as I recall about operating the panel. There is a soft power on button and a warning led. The smaller panel has just multiple solid state relays on it which I assume toggle the solenoids/relays on the pump/manifold. I don't really see any major effort in building one using an Arduino or RaspPi. Does anyone have or know where I can get the pinouts for the sockets that the panel plugs into? I am thinking of cobbling up a few wires and leds to see what happens when I push what button.

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
Old 02-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #38
riverofcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverofcode View Post
The more I roll this around in my head the less I think there is to "controlling" the rams. I mean basically you have to have a lockout for if the engine is running or not and if the parking brake is set as I recall about operating the panel. There is a soft power on button and a warning led. The smaller panel has just multiple solid state relays on it which I assume toggle the solenoids/relays on the pump/manifold. I don't really see any major effort in building one using an Arduino or RaspPi. Does anyone have or know where I can get the pinouts for the sockets that the panel plugs into? I am thinking of cobbling up a few wires and leds to see what happens when I push what button.
I found what I needed on page 13 of this... https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...g_82_l0327.pdf

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
Old 02-18-2020, 09:18 AM   #39
Chuck v

Scott,

Yes, that is one of the many documents that I sent Jack on a USB stick when I mailed the controller to him. They were a bit numerous and large to post here as PDFs, and I did not keep a list of URLs where I had found them...

Chuck

Old 02-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #40
riverofcode

Not sure anybody is interested but... I am collecting parts to roll my own version of the 140-1179 panel using an Arduino as the microcontroller. In researching the real one I also noticed that the solid state relays as well as the microcontroller they use are both NLA by the respective manufacturers. I am currently looking at some other SSR's to handle switching. I am also looking at adding a feature to let me be able to retract a single or, in the case of the front, the pair of rams that we currently cannot do which I find frustrating. If I get really bored I even have a 6 degree of freedom gyro I may see about semi-leveling automation once I get it basically working. The plan is to make it plug and play with existing wiring and I have sourced a couple of the 3 sockets the wiring plugs into and have them on their way to me. (4 pin, 6 pin and 8 pin)

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad