Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
Bill Reetz

Default Gulf Streamers International

Do you belong to the Gulf Stream Owners Club?

Do you delong to a local chapter of the club?

Have you received any support from Gulf Stream related to being a member of their club?

I'm a past president of a local chapter (Sun Gators) and our club is having a very heated discussion regarding continuing as a Gulf Stream only club! Just what benefits are there to remaining only Gulf Stream Owners beside mutual support?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
chamberlain

We (Golden Bears of California) are having the same discussion as we really don't see any benefit for being a gulfstream only RV club. In fact GS has stopped making class A units and the likelyhood that we'll get new member/owners is questionable.

John
Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
holmesaw

Yes we belong to GS International
Yes we belong to Ohio Cardinal Gulfstreamers
We will continue to support GS International.
Just attended the End of Summer Rally in Michigan and had a wonderful time. A well run rally with many loyal Gulfstreamers.
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Texas TC

I dropped my membership this year.
I never joined a local chapter.
I had always wanted to attend a Back Home Rally before they were canceled but they were always in conflict with another even I attend and at which I work each year.

With the current GS posture of not producing diesel motor homes, I don't see why your local chapters would not welcome owners of other makes and models. If you don't, you have no way to grow your club. JMHO

Tom

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

Yes, We belong to the Gulf Stream International.

Yes, We also belong to the Ohio Cardinal GulfStreamers.

Yes, We will also continue to support the GulfStreamers International.

If one does NOT want to belong to a GulfStream ONLY RV club, then there are plenty others out there the you can join if you can see more benefit in the others.

It states in the GulfStreamers charter that a member MUST own a Gulf Stream to be a member. PERIOD, case closed!
If one wants to own a SOB, such as Tiffin, Fleetwood, Monaco, ETC, then I don't see why they don't join one of there clubs, why would they want to be in Gulfstreamers????

Gulf Stream is still making/building motorhomes, just not diesel powered at the present time. Also, the Gulfstreamers is for the Class C and towables, let's not forget about those. The market for the towables is still going strong. The diesel pusher market is down right now thanks to the economy, but it will be back.

Let's not kick Gulf Stream while they are down, I am sure in the future the market will pick up and Gulf Stream along with the suppliers will be able to support the International rallies like they did in the past.

The wife and I have attended 5 Back Home International rallies and three other International Rallies. Let me tell you, they were the best that one can attend.

I know that there were a couple of members that purchased Tiffin motorhomes then wanted to keep their membership in Gulstreamers, now they knew the requirements to be a member BEFORE they purchased Tiffin. Don't get me wrong, both couples are very nice people and really involved in the Gulf Streamers International, BUT it was their decision to move to Tiffin motorhomes, in doing so they knew they would need to move to another RV club not associated and owned by Gulf Stream.

I know that what I have stated will upset some, so be it.

But the Gulfstreamers RV club is owned by Gulf Stream company and if they want the requirement that you MUST own a Gulf Stream RV to be a member of the International and a Chapter, I personally see no problem with that.

If you want to be a local RV club with a mixed bag of RV's, then start up a Good Sam Chapter or start your own "Skeeter Beeter" camping club.

But for myself and many others, we will continue to be Gulfstreamers belonging to the International as long as I own a Gulf Stream RV.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Timothy

Well said Ron.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
bcooper

Default Gulf Streamers International RV Club

The Gulf Streamers Club is still active and encourages our owners who are still members to participate in our events. Many of the people posting on this site have received free membership from the club and many other benefits. It is sad to see thier "support" on this forum. As the director of the club I work very hard to keep the club members informed and post information on our website and send out newsletters. I am still receiveing a lot of new member applications and renewals. I agree with the posts that if you are not happy in the club and do not feel it benefits your group to remain, then you should start your own group. You are not helping the club or your chapter by being in constant turmoil. The club and chapter events are meant to provide fun and fellowship, not gossip spreading.

Gulf Stream has motorized and towable units on display at the Hershey Show currently going on for those of you who are spreading the rumors that we no long make motorized. Shame on the ones who have benefited so much from the club to now be so negative towards it.
bcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
bcooper

Default members to Golden Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberlain
We (Golden Bears of California) are having the same discussion as we really don't see any benefit for being a gulfstream only RV club. In fact GS has stopped making class A units and the likelyhood that we'll get new member/owners is questionable.

John
I have sent several new member names to your chapter contact person to invite them to your rallies. I also send out a listing of owners who purchase in the state of California. I was just getting ready to send out new owner info and other information to the chapters but will wait to hear from Joka as to what your chapter has decided to do.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
bcooper

Default Re: Gulf Streamers International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Reetz
Do you belong to the Gulf Stream Owners Club?

Do you delong to a local chapter of the club?

Have you received any support from Gulf Stream related to being a member of their club?

I'm a past president of a local chapter (Sun Gators) and our club is having a very heated discussion regarding continuing as a Gulf Stream only club! Just what benefits are there to remaining only Gulf Stream Owners beside mutual support?
Bill - I have sent several new member names to Marty and Jenny to contact about your chapter. I will also wait to hear from him as to the direction the Sun Gators are going before sending out the new list of owners in Florida. Maybe your chapter does not want this information, please let me know as it is a lot of work for me if your chapter is not using it.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
holmesaw

Welcome to the forum Bonnie. This forum is badly in need of some positive feedback. There are many loyal Gulfstreamers on this forum as well as some detractors, but that is what makes it interesting.
We will be heading off soon to Point Pleasant WV for our
Ohio Cardinals fall rally at Krodel Park on Sep 16-19.
See all of you Cardinals there!!
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
GStream40
Site Team

Bonnie, Welcome to the forum!

We are happy to have your viewpoint here, it is a value to have someone of your position at Gulf Stream as a member here.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #12
Timothy

Hi Bonnie and welcome, I was glad to see your posts.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
Texas TC

First of all, I have waited a day or two trying to get my thoughts together before posting after reading the comments by Bonnie Cooper.

For those of you who follow the Class C section of the forum, you know I am an active member and big supporter of the Gulf Stream SuperNova. I have been mostly positive and as helpful to the membership as I can be both through my posts and many PM's and emails I have answered.

However, I find it quite astounding that Bonnie Cooper has decided to join us with her comments on the Gulfstreamer issue. I hope she has started a trend at GS of reading and responding to our posts. It would certainly be nice if someone in Nappanee is taking the time to read about our issues, they would take the time, as Ms. Cooper did, to respond rather than having us try to figure out the solution on our own. Their technical expertise could be so helpful to all of us in a positive way and would help their customer service reputation immensely.

Administrator, if this post is out of line, feel free to delete it. I just wanted to state my opinion.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
bcooper

Default Gulf Streamers Cub

Thank you for your post. I was not aware of this forum until a member sent me the link. This is not a Gulf Stream / Gulf Streamers monitored site. I am not even sure who does moderate this site. It appears they have been doing so since 2005. I would invite you to contact the following e-mails [email protected], [email protected] to ask questions relative to service and parts. If you need to speak to a motorized service or parts rep, call 800-289-8787 ext. 3005 M-F 8-5 EST and you will be directed to that person.

I imagine this forum was started to ask other owners of like product for suggestions and comments on the same issues. It appears that is happening and there are a lot of great ideas/posts on the forum. Gulf Stream would not know of any forums posted unless they were sent a notification. They would also want to answer your questions direct with you and would need the last 6 digits of your vin # in order to look up the unit file.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
Texas TC

Really? I was told by one of your VP's who will remain nameless, that GS did, in fact, monitor this site. You are the first department head, that I know of, that has ever responded. For that, I thank you. I also want to thank you for the email addresses you included. I hope those folks know that you gave out their addresses and are prepared to respond to the needs of our little group.

I am out of warranty and on my own but we are constantly getting inquiries about who at GS to contact for technical and customer service so your post will help if our folks venture down to this category to read them.

By the way, sorry for changing the subject of the original purpose of this thread.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
Ed D

Why now is it more important to be attached to a RV club these days? Just like the way of classic cars we are entering a new era. With an economy that looks like it will be years before,( if ever) we see growth again like the past 20 years to where average folk people can afford luxury items like RVs again. People had money, homes or retirements accounts to invest and could save to be able to afford RVs like we have developed over this time period. I don't see many people soon to retire who can afford to go out and take the chance of their retirement money to buy like we could in past.Unless you are luck enough to have a successful business and some have worked hard to have that grace on their side.

This economy has forced many manufactures to either go out of business or drop complete lines and go away forever. In fact it looks like in the next few years their may only be a handful left manufacturing motor homes and with that the costs will be out of reach for many. Gulf Stream was smart and did what they did to try to remain in th business by down sizing. I hope they can stay a float for many years to come and adjust product lines to meet the needs at affordable pricing. I think it was smart decision to open up club free to all owners past and present, it builds a foundation and people like brand association. As more go to rallies or get involved with chats on the site it will build a stronger customer base.

My point is this , owning one of the Rvs from this past era and taking pride in maintaining it by keeping it like new, then being able to attend rally's like the Gulf Steamers to show it off to others brings a great deal of pride. Not only to the owner, but to the company who built it and others who can appreciate the coach and who built that coach.

So being part of a club like Gulf Streamers and owning a 2004 Bt Cruiser 5270 like myself is owning a piece of history from what seems to be a soon to be past great era in RV manufacturing. Just like a classic car like a 65 Mustang, a mint condition a C class B plus or A class will be something to see from this era as well to Rvers.

Now that Gulf Stream has stopped manufacturing motor homes of all types as well as a lot of coach companies gone leaving those of us who own them to try to preserve them in a unique situation.
I myself who is lucky enough to own and have a garage kept 2004 in mint condition coach a great challenge. To own a piece of Gulf Stream RV history like a classic car and to keep it from deteriorating, use it as I would, but also have great pride in keeping it like new for years to come to share and pass on as a classic Rv from a era past. It becomes a hobby as well as a lifestyle for us as we travel across the country

The fact that the development of fiberglass units and aluminum frames on most motor homes past 12 years or so means they will hold up and not rust like old classic cars you still need to paint and remove any rust that forms under chassis and compound and wax fiberglass finish and roofs to keep elements from getting to it.If it stored outside a good cover will surely help keep off the sun
It takes a lot of work to keep them up if they are stored outside as many have no choice. As years pass on and people pass on these motor homes will become rarer plus the fact they are not being sold like they were means less on the road. So the rallies will be a special place to see those classic Rvs, owning one maintained in new looking condition will make the rallies or being parked at a campground a great sense of pride to own one!
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
bcooper

At the end of last year, we reviewed our Gulf Streamers Club and decided the club will be more effective and better served by offering owners free membership. We then reviewed ourselves and our club goals and visions. It takes into account our priorities, how things are executed and the structure we have. We are pleased to announce the realignment of the club to create a more dynamic and efficient membership to face future challenges.
•As an owner of a Gulf Stream Recreational Vehicle your membership in the club is free.
•Website – Listing of International Rallies, chapter news & chapter rallies, owner information, service tidbits, and other RV related items will be posted.
•Chapter support by passing on names of owners interested in joining a group in their area. Support for chapter rallies will be available on a request basis.
•Link to “Farm & City” Insurance. Discounts available by registering as a member of the Gulf Streamers Club.
•Link to “Coach Net” Emergency Road Service. Discounts available by registering as a member of the Gulf Streamers Club.
•Link to “SkyMed International” emergency air evacuation plans. Discounts available by registering as a member of the Gulf Streamers Club.
•Flying J/Pilot RV Advantage Card. Link to Flying J/Pilot website to apply for a discount card to receive discounts on gas, diesel and propane.
•International Rally for owners of Gulf Stream Products. Offers you a chance to meet other owners of Gulf Stream products.
•Electronic Newsletter – posted on the website and sent by e-mail to all members of the club. This newsletter will keep you informed of upcoming events, chapter happenings, new products, new service tips, and more.

These changes take effect January 1, 2013. The management believes this initiative is critical in ensuring we continue our club growth.
We look forward to extending our full support to build a stronger and sustainable club. Visit Gulf Streamers website at http://streamers.gulfstreamcoach.com to take advantage of this free membership, you may fill in the registration form or print, fill out and mail, to Gulf Streamers PO Box 1005, Nappanee, Indiana, 46550.

Sincerely,
Gulf Stream Management
Old 12-19-2022, 07:04 PM   #18
Squiggy

Anyone in this Group know where there is a Salvage 1996 Gulfstream Tour Master sitting , i am in desperate need for a rear bumper for mine? ,,,,any help and info appreciated!
Squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote