Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
Djnowak

Default Gulf breeze 28trs tire blowout

I just purchased a 2006 gulf breeze 28trs and the guy delivering it had a tire blow out. The rear wheel on passenger side (entry side blew). The guy said it took out plumbing and inner fender well.

He didn't send me photos as I think he doesn't want to show me how bad it is. What type of plumbing is under sink and under stove? This is were the damage will be. I'm scared that it is non repairable if it took out pumps etc. He said three drawers area in behind is cracked etc..., does anyone have a trailer they can post pics of this area for me? Then I have a heads up as to what to expect.

Attached is a pic from outside.... Any insight to people familiar with this type of trailer that can tell me what to expect would be great.

Thanks guys.
Djnowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
malsbury

Default Re: Gulf breeze 28trs tire blowout

I don't have any specific knowledge of this model, but I did a quick search and found some interior pictures of that model for sale here:

http://www.lerchrv.com/Pre-Owned-Invent ... ia-1950471

It looks like in that area there would be hot & cold pex tubing run up to the sink faucet, an ABS drain line from the sink heading back to the gray tank, and a propane line running up to the range/oven. I would not expect any pumps to be in that area, they are typically installed close to the freshwater tank. It also appears that the hard wired propane leak detector is installed at the base of the three drawer cabinet, so it might be worth verifying that it or its electrical supply wiring was not damaged.

Good luck with the repairs. I personally would request some before and after images if you are not able to inspect the damage personally.

-mals
malsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:06 PM   #3
Djnowak

Default Re: Gulf breeze 28trs tire blowout

Thanks a ton for the info. I appreciate any insight into this area of trailer as I am not familiar with them at all. This will be my first travel trailer. I am waiting for his insurance claim to specify value of damage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will not decide to write this unit off as quad bunk trailers are very difficult to find in my area.

Thanks again and I will take your advice about the photos if he will supply the or at least check out entire area once delivered.

Thanks again.
Djnowak is offline   Reply With Quote