Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #1
thall6225

Default Engine Access to 2004 Sun Voyager 8378 Workhorse Engine Comp

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I will ask anyways. I have 2004 Sun Voyager 8378 and would like to perform the engine service as well as inspect the engine for any issues such as leaks, loose hoses and wiring. Here comes the stupid question, how do you access to the engine compartment to be able to do the things I would like to do? I pulled the carpet back at what I thought would be the "dog house" , the carpet was in place with an adhesive, I did not pull it any farther, but just enough to see that the " dog house" fiber glass cover looked to be sealed and not removable. Did I miss something or am I being overly cautious?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thall6225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
bmojmhs

Default Re: Engine Access to 2004 Sun Voyager 8378 Workhorse Engine

I have a 2005 Ultra Supreme with a Workhorse chassis.

My dog house is cracked and I have to remove so I can fibreglass the inside. I was looking at it today and so far have found 3 screws that hold it down. Where it attaches to the section under the dash, the top right and left have a screw and I found one about the edge of middle of the flat section. I don't know how many screws there should be but have read others saying the are about 8 being there(?).

For easy access you may have to remove the seats. Still trying to find out what type of gasket was used on it.

I have jacks on mine and can lift the front end of the ground. Doing that, it looks like there is enough room to change the plugs without removing the dog house. I did that to replace the dash air compressor and the fan belt.

Maybe someone else can give further info on the number of screws and the gasket you need if you remove it.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #3
thall6225

Default Re: Engine Access to 2004 Sun Voyager 8378 Workhorse Engine

Thanks for the info, it gives me somewhat of an idea, better than before.
thall6225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #4
GSTourmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmojmhs View Post
I have a 2005 Ultra Supreme with a Workhorse chassis.

My dog house is cracked and I have to remove so I can fibreglass the inside. I was looking at it today and so far have found 3 screws that hold it down. Where it attaches to the section under the dash, the top right and left have a screw and I found one about the edge of middle of the flat section. I don't know how many screws there should be but have read others saying the are about 8 being there(?).

For easy access you may have to remove the seats. Still trying to find out what type of gasket was used on it.

I have jacks on mine and can lift the front end of the ground. Doing that, it looks like there is enough room to change the plugs without removing the dog house. I did that to replace the dash air compressor and the fan belt.

Maybe someone else can give further info on the number of screws and the gasket you need if you remove it.
Hopefully, you remembered to put stout jack stands under front end also, before you venture under. Don't bet your life on a .50 hydraulic seal, don't ya know!
GSTourmaster is offline   Reply With Quote