Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #1
Jason W

Default 2008 Conquest Drain Clean Out?

Hi friends,

New member and first time RV owner here trying to get our new home ready for the road. Thankful to have found this forum!

Our 23 ft Conquest’s plumbing sends our kitchen sink and shower waste water to the grey tank. First noticed the problem in the kitchen sink, so used baking soda, vinegar, and hot water, but it didn’t help. Tried plunging it, but it sent the liquid to the shower.

I opened the grey tank valve (which was empty) and could see the water dripping slowly, took about 8 hours for 2 gallons of water to drain. Did a quick search on the internet and read about trying a shop vac, but that didn’t work. Also tried a small snake, but with all the turns of the pipes, I couldn’t get the snake past a couple feet in both the kitchen sink and the shower. I’m now thinking of using a chemical drain opener, and have been doing some research on that.

But I was wondering, is there a drain clean out somewhere that would allow me to run a snake more directly? I didn’t see anything under the coach. I also removed the panel in the shower, but only saw a p-trap there. I’m thinking it could be under the bed platform, but before I start moving the mattress out and unscrewing the panels, I thought I’d ask for some help. Any other ideas or suggestions are very much welcomed. Thank you!!

-Jason
Jason W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
Stevejo

Hey Jason, If you take the trap apart at the shower you should be able to snake down stream from there.if that doesn't work than us some good acid
Stevejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #3
lindana

Had similar problem in my Class c kitchen. I queried it and got the following answer. It worked for me. My check valve was accessible by pulling out kitchen drawers. A little tight but doable. Good luck.
“All the sinks in my Class A have a drain vent under the sink. They work like a check valve and are only supposed to allow air to be sucked into the drain when it is draining. However if they are leaking they will allow the grey tank to vent back into the coach. They can be purchased at any home improvement store that stocks PVC plumbing supplies. I replaced mine for less than $6 each from Lowes. You can find them if you trace out the drain line after the P trap. There is a T and a piece of pipe sticking straight up and at the end of that pipe is a vent that screws into the drain pipe. Your drain has to be vented. If it is not vented up through the roof then more than likely it is vented under the sink. Most homes will have a drain vent through the roof at each drain. If it is not practical to vent each drain through the roof, they are usually vented”
lindana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:59 PM   #4
Michigan Scott

You may have to cut in your own cleanout by putting in a Y piece. I have also heard of snaking through the inside one way vent as someone else suggested.
Michigan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:18 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

P-Trap most likely culprit, hand only, NO TOOLS NEEDED ON PVC PLUMBING, Remove inspect/ clean trap?
Old 01-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Thinking further, 1) is Gray tank valve open, or handle detached, or you have two gray tanks, or two Valves for gray? (one on far side?); 2) gray tank is Full, but drain port blocked by obstacle (have even read where owners found tank cutout was not removed on tank install, and cutout circle wedged in drain, blocking drain pipe?) Luck (p.s. You don't state 5th wheel, bumper pull or Class-C MH Conquest, so style/ model matters?)

Tags
clean out, clog, clogged, drain