Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Luckiest Dreamer

Default TourMaster Bra

Anybody aware of a retailer that may have a Bra for my 2008 TM? Maybe someone that has had one made and the upholstery shop still has a pattern. It looks as though the rock chips will quickly add up.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
trickto322

We had one custom made at an upholstery shop here in East TN. It cost us $500. If you don't keep it in the sun before you are going to install it , you will not get it on. DW really hates it but she knows without it will result in the front end "chipping up".
Good Luck
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
David Bott

Consider getting Diamond Shield put on somewhere. Protects your coach and keep the original look. It is a plastic film that is cut to fit the front of the coach and is more or less invisible. More costly, but well worth it.

Side note...Our 2008 TM was used as the template for it.

http://diamond-shield.com/ Click on the link for RV's.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
db77

Default Tourmaster Bra

I had one made earlier this year for our trip to Alaska. It save the front of my Sun Voyager. The name of the company is Coastline Cover, (909-484-6592 and internet site is www.coastlinecover.com. It was around $430 and I had to send it back once but they got it right. They might have a pattern for yours but mine was made from scratch. They did such good job I also ordered a complete front bra for my tow vehicle. Saved my car also. Good Luck.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
RayChez1

The 3-M is a piece of trash as far as I am concerned. Had it on my other coach and it started to peel off and it does not give the protection that I thought it would. Big article on RV.NET about rvers how dissatisfied they are with it.
On the Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser that I have now it come from the factory with a custom made shield made out of Acrylic by Summit industries. It has really done a great job on protecting the paint from rocks chipping away at the paint. They are around $1400.00 but you will get a lot of compliments from other RVers. The most important thing is that it does not dull up like plexiglass or Lexon that was used on many Country Coaches. Acrylic stays looking clear like glass all the time.
I also had on another coach a custom made bra. It was made out of a material that looked like nauglehyde. It cost me around four or five hundred dollars (can remember) but what I didn't like about that is that the white paint started to turn yellow with the moisture from rain. But it did give better portection then the 3-M on my previous coaches. OH! I almost forgot. The nauglehyde bra was made in a shop in Yuma, Arizona. They got shops all over Yuma that make those raging in prices from three hundred to around five. With the snowbirds headed from the north to the south for the winter. they get lots of business in those shops.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Luckiest Dreamer

Thanks for the responses! Looks like I have a few choices.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
univmd

Default mask

would you put a mask or a shield on a rolls royce or bugatti? I didn't think so. we haven't had any serious issues with the nose of our 08 tourmaster. we would never put something on the beautiful nose of our tourmaster. whatever paint is on it is not wearing out or looking worse than the rest of the motorhome. if it looks bad after 10 years, i can have it repainted.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
tarheel

Ray-
Do you have any recent information on Summit Industries or any other supplier that make a plastic face sheld? I've been searching the internet for a supplier, but can't find anything. A Summit Industries web site appears, but it must be a different plastics company. I talked to them today and they know nothing about the acrylic or lexon front protector. I'm interested in finding one, so if you have any additional information, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dick
Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
RayChez1

Yes Tarheel it is on the internet and they show all the shields they laser cut. I got them by typing Summit Products, Inc and it is going to send you to the different things this company does. Click on the things they do for RV's. They also give their phone number which is1-800-329-2958
Hope that helps.
This company does all kinds of stainless steel work for coach conversions and all. They used to operate out of Des Moine, Iowa, but I am not sure if they are still there. But that is what the tag on my shield says.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
tarheel

Thanks Ray, I finally found them.

Dick