Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-05-2010, 03:09 AM   #1
Frosty

Default My Rig has a Lean?

I've got a 2-3 degree lean to the right and can't figure out why. It's not loading 'cause there's nothing in it. Everything underneath looks ok. Hopefully the dealer can fix it without breaking the bank.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Anchorage Ultra

Default Go to a spring shop

I had Class A several years ago that leaned down to the side of the water tank/holding tanks. Took it to a spring alignment shop -- they pulled both rear leaf springs and re-trued them (blacksmith style -- heat and pounding with hammers). Completely fixed the problem for about a hundred bucks.

Whether leaf or coil springs, a commercial truck spring shop should be able to help you.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
stvdman

I have a 2008 Conquest 6341 Kodiak Gas. I have the same lean. I am thinking it is due to the generator being on the Right hand side. When the water tank and holding tanks are empty I REALLY notice it. I am thinking the generator weighs enough to make it lean to that side...
stvdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
PORTABLE PARADISE

Default Leaning rig

I alson have the 6341, 2004 model.. The prior owner had to add a leaf spring on it to make the lean stop. I think that it was on the driver side.. would have to double check that. However, the rear end rides really rough right now.
PORTABLE PARADISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
Frank Polimeni

My 2007 Endura on the Kodiak Chassi had to have a leaf spring added on the right side do to more weight on that side. I made Gulfstream pay for it and also a front end alighment to compensate for the added spring. FYI I just installed a set of Bilstein shocks all around, what a change for the good. Go on line to ESshocks.com, paid abut $ 72 each no tax and free shipping.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #6
kart74

Default Leaning Rig

Our 2005 Endura had the same lean. I think all the ones on the Kodiak chassis had the same issue. We took ours to the Chevrolet dealer and the added two leaf springs on the right side and ended adding another on the left as the Enduras also had a tendency to sag in the rear.
kart74 is offline   Reply With Quote