Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
RUDY PANTOJA

Default Brand New 07 Endura "LEMON"

Purchased 07Endura C55 Diesel. Chevy is no problem, it GS Endura. What a waste of our money. Bought 29May07 At "Sunland RV, Las Cruces, NM... Maint. Service Dept. and Entire mgnt is worthless. 1st time taking it out, neither did the stablizers nor slides work(hydraulic was replaced), pocket door would not stay in the pocket locked or closed posit. Sofa cushions seams coming apart along with the drivers seat and pax seat. Screws on Euro chair kept coming loose. Kit blind keep falling. Brm tv was not working cable kept falling out. Cargo doors wouldnt close (some opened during travel) properly and when fixed got lots of wtr in two compartments. Diesel Onan ginny.. spitting out oil. Overhead cab sleeper above window (inside) valance falling. Outside window seal, cab was not sealed properly. Tksgvng wkend Furnace did not work. All in all this is the 4th time at dealer. Round trip is approx. 110miles plus the car to bring be back home. GS has been no help or follow up with me at all. Since two wks after buying, has been in shop, total of 6wks not counting this time. 6 wks in the summer I couldnt use. But made pmts. No a very happy camper. Have owned 1 fully self contained camper and 2 fifth wheels, with less than 1/8 of total problems... NOT A HAPPY CAMPER
Rudy P
RUDY PANTOJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Rudi, go to the GulfStream Site. Click on your unit and then click on contact us.

You'll find an addy for Steve Pullin, he can get results for you.

Best Regards, Clyde
Old 12-08-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
Texas TC

I got my SuperNova at about the same time you got your Endura. I have had a few "new coach" issues but nothing as bad as you have experienced. Gulf Stream and/or my dealer (Mc Clain's RV in Denton. Texas) has been very good about taking care of all my issues. I just turned a little over 12000 miles on the coach. The irritating issues have been with the chassis but that was the same thing I found when I owned a Four Winds on a Chevrolet Kodiak platform. I know it takes some time to get it perfect and I have been lucky that all my issues have been repaired quickly and with little hassle. The couple of times I have been in contact with GS management, they have been extremely helpful. Good luck with your issues. I hope all is repaired to your satisfaction and you can start enjoying your coach.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
rdlamb

Default Not impressed with the Endura

We bought a new 2005 Endura with all options. It lasted less than 12 months. Every window and seal leaked. The walls sagged, the floor sagged, the carpet smelled.
We live in the Pacific Northwest, where rain is the norm. One morning, during a downpour, in noticed sheets of water running down the window in the bedroom. When I put my hand out, the water was on the inside of the coach.

GS never answered my calls, my letters, my pleas for help. GS never did a thing. My dealer found every seal had not been siliconed, or otherwise gooped. The slides had seals that were falling away from the housing because the glue used was so inferior for the application. 100's of pictures were sent to GS.

I've never been so upset with a product in my life. The coach spent more time in the shop than on the road. Why I stayed with GS is because of my dealer. They went the extra mile, did everything they could to resolve the problems.

I then traded for a Tour Master. Small problems, but after just over a year everything is functioning well.

My state has a three year tort claim period, and I have not excluded taking GS to court to recoup my loss. Sad, as GS only had to call and work with me to resolve their negligent work.

My dealer later sold our Endura, and it returned twice with leaking problems. The dealer is not talking about what is now going on with the Endura.

I saw six Enduras in for repairs in the dealer's shop. Three had serious water leaks.

Whatever the solution, you should know that my certified letters to GS went unanswered, my calls were unanswered, and be prepared to go the distance to get your Endura fixed.
Sorry, but that is the way it went down.
Safe travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote