Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-24-2022, 07:17 AM   #1
KoiKichi

Default 2017 BT 5270B radio

Any ideas..the radio in the dash is awful. What have you done to replace,fix, etc? Where can you purchase and who can you get to put it in? Thanks in advance.
KoiKichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
Ronbojr

Default 2017 BT 5270B radio

I'm going to assume you still have the stock radio made by Axxera. Awful is being nice. I have a 2020 5270 and was able to replace the radio myself. A little know how and it wasn't too difficult.

I ordered my new radio from crutchfield.com. They are real helpful about making sure you get the proper harness for your radio to chassis connection. I put a Kenwood system in with new door speakers. Total cost was about $1200 but it is totally worth it.

As far as who can install for you, some Best Buy locations will do RV audio work. Search for automotive audio installation in your area for other options.

Hope I gave you hope!
Ronbojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:05 PM   #3
KoiKichi

Default Ronbojr

Do you live near NC? I would be glad to pay to have the Radio replaced
KoiKichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:36 PM   #4
Bike Dr

I had an old outdated radio in my class a and went best buy and purchased the pioneer avh-2330nex model that is a double din with Navi, Google, Android Auto and Apple car play, dvd, with remote it makes everything hands free just talk to it, all it is is a adapter mounting plate, and most have a wiring harness that make it plug and play to fit pretty much any model out there now days..I installed it myself and added bose speakers and wow what an amazing upgrade!!
Don't let it scare you pop the dash and jump in the factory stereo will just unplug.
I had $600 in the system and 110% happy
Once installed and set up now all I do is walk in and it all connects wirelessly and you are ready to go at the sound of your voice!!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote