Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-08-2022, 04:11 PM   #61
Seadog63

Your coach is nice but with all the upgrade costs and time wouldn’t it have been advantageous to have bought a little bit bigger coach with all the towing capabilities your shooting for?
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:19 PM   #62
Darugs

I can’t speak for the OP, but I went from a 38’ gas Class A to a 24 foot BT 5230 and I love the size more than I miss all of the storage/space. With essentially unlimited storage of the larger coach you end up with a lot more than what you need. I love the ease of traveling with the smaller MH. And not sure of what you mean about the towing shortcoming - I can pull more weight with less effort than I could with my last MH.
Darugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:15 AM   #63
dvmkathymurf

Nice thanks for picture
dvmkathymurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:12 PM   #64
Just two

Anyone looking at this post anymore. We bought a 2021 BT 2510. We are redoing several thing. Added lithium batteries 220 amp hour set to start. Looking at adding solar and an hybrid inverter. I just tore out the tv section over the cab. I plan on adding rattle stop to the fiberglass overcab then installing rock wool and foam. They call them pizza ovens and that is how hot it gets in the sun. We removed the 2 sections of the couch and replaced the foam. Nice to have each section at the same height. Also I added Ride Rite air bags over the axle on the rear. This seems to help with the bottoming out on bumps. Let me know if you would like some pictures?
Just two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:25 PM   #65
Just two

Also WWTT the winterizing hose and valve to add antifreeze are located under the couch. (Driver side). It is hanging out near the water pump.

There are 2 gapping holes, one on each side near the floor between the cab and shell. I had the fan running doors and windows closed and the air flow from these holes was tremendous.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:10 PM   #66
MV213

I’m subscribed to this thread. I have a 2021 5210 myself. Love the way it drives, need to do something to make the jackknife sofa better for sleeping.

So yes please post pics of all your mods if you don’t mind!
MV213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:07 AM   #67
dvmkathymurf

YES on the pictures please!!!
Old 10-25-2023, 11:08 AM   #68
dvmkathymurf

For JackKnife: I put 3" foam on lower section and 1" foam topper on top of it all and sleeps great! Also use 2 foldable step stools to prevent outer section from dropping down so you don't feel like falling out of bed.
Old 10-27-2023, 04:54 PM   #69
Just two

Default First layer of insulation.

New to this posting thing not sure if the picture of the front over cab rattle stop pic will load.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0388.jpg (248.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-27-2023, 05:03 PM   #70
Just two

Ok that first photo worked. Here is under the jack knife bed. We removed the plywood and found the valve and hose to add antifreeze. Also found the top of the metal wheel wells exploded.WWTT? A little insulation would have been nice. Any way, we have more sound proofing insulation on order. Testing a different kind of foam then what we used over the cab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0398.jpg (203.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0397.jpg (221.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-27-2023, 05:08 PM   #71
Just two

Also viewed the post about the filler pipe issues. We will address them shortly. We replaced the foam in the couch/bed. By removing the top and bottom (missing in the pictures) 4 1/2” nut each easy stuff. Unzipped the top and cut 6” foam to fit. Had to un-staple the bottom to replace its foam 6” there also. Nice sitting haven’t slept on it except a quick nap. Nice!
Old 10-27-2023, 05:16 PM   #72
Just two

Default Cheap Gulf Stream insulation

This is a picture of what the overhead looks like before we re insulated. The fiberglass insulation they used had fallen everywhere. Not much sound proofing or insulation value. We sometimes camp in cold areas so this upgrade will be a good investment. After I rebuild the entertainment cabinet I plan on filling the voids with rock wool and foam.

Any thought on that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (172.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #73
Just two

Default Max fans

We also added 2 Max Fans one new one to the front. It has a wireless remote and reverse. We were going to move the Max Fan we removed up front to the back bath spot but we decided to break down and get another new one for there. The original one has a rain sensor that I don’t trust. These newer Max Fans have the built in covers so they can be used in the rain. They are much much quieter than Fantastic fans. Well worth the price difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0395.jpg (169.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-27-2023, 05:40 PM   #74
Just two

Default One thing about Max Fans

George (Humble Road) posted a video that if you run Max Fans with lithium batteries that you should add a 12 volt voltage regulator to keep from frying the control board. I bought some for less ten $10 on Amazon. Part # 200494-FBA X002E42Q0D. Seems much cheaper then a $100 control board.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:01 PM   #75
Just two

Default Hole between fiberglass and metal walls

This is a shot of the fiberglass cap and all the wasted storage space. Plan to build it out for storage.

Also there is a shot from underneath showing a big hole that Gulf Stream forgot to fill. Now we know how the mice are getting in. There is a hole just behind both seats on the inward portion where the fiberglass wall and the metal meet. I might use the hole to run wires before I fill it. It may be a blessing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0400.jpg (214.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0399.jpg (162.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-27-2023, 06:08 PM   #76
Just two

Default Air shocks

Added rear air shocks with added 2” spacers. Raised the rear a bit. Bought a compressor and two position controller. Hope to get a little adjustment between the sides at un level sites. Will let you know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0401.jpg (145.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-29-2023, 06:33 PM   #77
Just two

Default New camera system and wood

Started the framing for the over the cab storage. Added a couple of 2x4 non pressure treated and some cedar planking. I anchored the metal of the cab ceilings to these along with using the 1/2” bolts that tie the fiberglass to the metal. Great solid feel unlike the original floating cabinet. I should have ran the new wiring for the rear view mirror camera system first. Now I have to snake it around the new framing. I ran the wire from the cab down the top driver side cabinets behind the microwave and past the shower sky light. Ended at the bath fan which is very close to being the center of the camper. I drilled a hole below the top over hang on the back. This should work well as it will protect the camera from rain, snow and some sun light. The camper came with a nice backup camera with side cameras for lane changes. I wanted something to see what’s going on behind us as we travel down the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0414.jpg (95.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-08-2023, 05:33 PM   #78
Just two

Default Old refrigerator has to go

The old absorption refrigerator running too long to get things cold. Have a new 12 volt 8 cubic foot one ordered. Looking at adding some solar to keep the new one running. In our B van we had a chest ICECO that worked fine on 200 amp hour lithium with 200 watts of solar. Never had to worry about keeping it running. We are hoping to have the same thing with the new frig.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0428.jpg (173.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-14-2024, 05:57 PM   #79
MuleGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT5210 View Post
anyone else here have a 210???
Hey, thanks for sharing so much great info!!!! I have a ‘new’ 2023 5210…. I’ve considered trading it in LOL, because of clearance issues (towing a 2h BP horse trialed). Rear end drag with no tow vehicle is still a challenge.

Reading on!
Thanks again!!!!
MuleGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:44 PM   #80
MV213

Thanks for these pics, I need to tear into that myself, and this helps!!!
MV213 is offline   Reply With Quote