Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #1
bbaluski

Smile 17 years time for a few replacements.

I have a 2003 BT Cruiser 5230. It has never lived indoors, It has survived 2 hurricanes, a tornado, a few earthquakes, and temperatures from 120 to 20. It has been across country 9 times and used for countless weekend trips. It has pulled the car, the boat, and the horse trailer without any issues.
The first to go was the decals, So I replaced them with some cool surfer decals. It has some cracks on the back plastic side panels. All the little plastic clips that hold the door open, and two of the small compartment doors were replaced.
The gel-coat's not as shinny but I keep a good coat of wax and last year I detailed it. Looks like new.
It has had a number of repairs. A new refrigerator, Plumbing repairs in the bathroom pipes, the seal replaced on the roof and the skylights and vent covers replaced they get brittle. New TV, and two of the draws repaired.
On the van we fixed the fuel pump, Air-conditioner, back up lights replaced and driver side window would not go up or down We take it in every spring for a good overhaul and tune-up.
I think It's done Okay for a 17 year old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BT wax on .jpg (278.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Stickers 1.jpg (213.3 KB, 21 views)
bbaluski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
madame_costner

Default Nice!

Good motor home!!! I have a 2004... Love it and always get good comments when outing... I wish Gulf stream would carry Stickers for oldr Bt Cruiser for a decent price.
madame_costner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #3
RayChez1

I also have had real good luck with my 2002 Scenic Cruiser. It still looks very good over all. It has beautiful walnut cabinets which look new still, same refrigerator a Norcold 1200 which gave lots of problems for some people. I never have had any problems. Actually Norcold gave me something like a thousand bucks because of a law suit somebody put against them. So they sent that money in case it fails, it helps on purchasing another. But I never have had problems and I bought the coach brand new in April 2003. Paint job still looks like new, but I do use nothing but dry wash instead of water, which it has a UV additive in it. I used to use a dry wash called The Solution, now I use McKee 37 dry wash and it is fantastic in protecting your paint. My coach just sets on a driveway next to my house, no shed. So the sun hits it all the time when at home. About the only thing I have had to change about every five years are the tires and batteries. Other then that I could not ask for a better coach. Even the Caterpillar engine has had minor problems. I had a exhaust manifold gasket that had to be changed out and when it was new I had a Huei pump that failed, but it was still under warranty. I make sure the oil is good and clean all the time. They tell me Huei pumps only fail if the oil has not been changed on time.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
jamesham

Great job. It looks good and we are impressed. We have a 96 Yellowstone Ultra and it has survived outdoors in Midwest snow, sun, ice, and hail. Getting harder to get the gel coat to shine like it used to, but it still looks acceptable. Have replaced a few engine parts, and rebuilt the front cabover area twice because of leaks. No slide problems or leaks, which is unusual apparently judging by online requests for help. The tires have always had to be replaced because of age, not miles. Cannot say it survived a hurricane like yours.

[QUOTE=bbaluski;31402]I have a 2003 BT Cruiser 5230. It has never lived indoors, It has survived 2 hurricanes, a tornado, a few earthquakes, and
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:27 PM   #5
madame_costner

Default Question?

Hi again,

What does "last year I detailed it" mean?
madame_costner is offline   Reply With Quote